Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Private schooling!!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:39 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this
My SO just informed me that he wants to put our son in a private school. He wants Elijah to finish this school year off then start 4th grade at a private school. We haven't decided if we want him at all boys or split. Have any of you ladies experience with private schooling? If so how much it is yearly and was it worth it? I tried google but not much details on the price.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:40 PM

nope, private school will never be in our budget

paTrollDog
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM
It's expensive without a scholarship.
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM

It depends on the school and area. We pay about $7,000/year for prek-5th grade Montessori. I think middle and high schools are probably more expensive. Personally, I don't think single sex classrooms are a good thing, because boys and girls should learn to work together, but that's my own personal opinion.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:43 PM
DS is private religious school. We're very pleased with it. They have an advanced curriculum, small class size and a wonderful staff. We really couldn't be happier.
BatmanWondaWomn
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:44 PM
We want to put him in a better school and this is what came to mind! The school he is at now is a Charter and all the teacher there are worthless. It's problem after problem. Elijah needs a better education then what they putting out.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

nope, private school will never be in our budget

BatmanWondaWomn
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:46 PM
That's what I told my SO about the all boys thing,lol. I feel it should be a split because children need to interact with the opposite sex.

Quoting 3JuJu3:

It depends on the school and area. We pay about $7,000/year for prek-5th grade Montessori. I think middle and high schools are probably more expensive. Personally, I don't think single sex classrooms are a good thing, because boys and girls should learn to work together, but that's my own personal opinion.

BatmanWondaWomn
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:48 PM
If you don't mind can I ask about how much you pay yearly? You don't have to give me the exact number but a estimate would really help!!

Quoting Danesmommy1: DS is private religious school. We're very pleased with it. They have an advanced curriculum, small class size and a wonderful staff. We really couldn't be happier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM

My girls are in a private catholic school.  Largely because our school system is a such a failure, but also because this particiular school is a "bigger" school - 2 classes of each grade,  most, if not all, of the teachers have their masters degrees and make math, science and technology a priority.   Very different from when I was in catholic schoo!

We pay a little over $700 per month for both girls.  

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM
We looked at a few. Price varied from about $6k-$32k. Obviously some were not in our budget. They were all co-ed. Some still used corporal punishment though and I thought that was odd. Also, a lot require a certain number of parent volunteer hours per year.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:51 PM
We pay around $600 a month. There are also fees and book costs once a year.

Quoting BatmanWondaWomn: If you don't mind can I ask about how much you pay yearly? You don't have to give me the exact number but a estimate would really help!!

Quoting Danesmommy1: DS is private religious school. We're very pleased with it. They have an advanced curriculum, small class size and a wonderful staff. We really couldn't be happier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)