Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I must have the ugliest, most trashy house on cafemom. * added photos for those asking*

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:02 PM
  • 145 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I've seen a lot of homes on here that I thought were nice, and in every single post some one is complaining about how ugly, trashy or gross the house is.

Our coffee table is scraped and chipped to hell. It cost $15 new and has been disassembled and packed up way too many times.

We have wood paneling in 3 rooms.

The kitchen floor is scratched and chipped.

The kitchen itself is very outdated. We have what I swear has to have been one of the first whirlpool dishwasher, a single sink with metal cabinets, and there's only one actual countertop.

The bathroom is freakishly small,the only way to fit two people In at once is one is in the shower or sitting on the toliet.

The pantry doors don't stay shut, and to get to them you must walk across the basement "door".

The pantry floor/basement entrance never looks cleaned, it's dark wood but has these light "stained" areas that actually make triangles on it.

We have artificial flowers all over the place.

The dining room is also dhs computer area, his desk is in the window area. There's also dd1s white board in there and a wire running above it.

Our decorations are old, are a mixture of things my grandparents gave us and things we purchased at thrift stores.

Our living room furniture and dining room table are used.

Dh and fil built the entertainment center, which is full off vhs tapes, dvds, encyclopedias on the the bottom shelf and topped with more artificial flowers.

There is a little door just as you enter the pantry that goes to our room. (Dd loves it because she can go through the house in one big circle. )

We have a stereo and some set in the living room that FIL purchased when dh was still in diapers, and somehow it made its way here.

We have a huge and ugly ass picture in the living room that dh and DD just LOVE.

I admit our home isn't lovely.

But, despite all the complaints and ugliness, I do love it.

It's old.
it's ugly.
It's home.

Right now it's the perfect size, once the girls are older we'll need to look in to a three bedroom.

The neighborhood is great. The yard is huge.

And even though sometimes I wish we had a bigger and nicer house ours is quite cozy.

So ladies, any one else happy in their les than perfect home?
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:04 PM
As long as you are happy, that's all that matters.
anon55
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this

My house is small, none of the furniture matches, the carpets are dirty because my vacuum broke, and it is routinely messy.

I am happy to have a nice warm home to raise my children in safely.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours is old too, and our furniture is hand me down a from when we first got married. I'm not complaining though its a place to live! Its ugly, but it works. Lol but no matter how much I clean, it never looks clean really! That part is frustrating!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:05 PM
Pics?
kajira
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Pics?

for what it's worth, I bought a fix-me upper and did all the work myself and i'm sure it's not professional looking, but I don't care because *I* did the work myself.

The only thing that still needs redone is our kitchen, but if we plan on buying a ranch, i'm not sure I want to invest another 15-30k to redo the kitchen in this house.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

yep, my house is cluttered buy clean. you can put your feet on the bathtub while sitting on the toilet, but it is home

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this
If you and your family love it, that's what matters. People here would pick apart the most expensive house ever built and decorated bc they get off on that.
bakerytreatz412
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:06 PM
We don't have carpet. Which is nice because the kids can't stain it. But I feel like I'm constantly sweeping and mopping.

Quoting anon55:

My house is small, none of the furniture matches, the carpets are dirty because my vacuum broke, and it is routinely messy.

I am happy to have a nice warm home to raise my children in safely.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
augustmommy951
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:06 PM
Lol! At least you have a good sense of humor about it. Pics pretty please??
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
You're happy with it, ignore what anyone has to say.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)