Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hate being pregnant!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Arrrgh. Needed a rant.

38 weeks pregnant. I have hated every moment of it! but had very little reason to lol.

Never had morning sickness (Well I was queasy but nothing worth whinging about)

But the aching, pulling every muscle, general 9 months of feeling like shit. discharge (tmi!), stretch marks from my chin to my toes, waiting around for midwifes, hearing the same shit from people asking about my baby and bump..etc (I'm not a people person, can you tell)

Now I'm 38 weeks, and 4ft 11, I'm pretty much a walking bump. Getting out of bed is like a turtle stuck on its back. All arms and legs. My knees hurt, my legs hurt, my back hurts.

Strangers ask me how long I have. And people keep telling me how much I will miss my bump (no!) and the sleep (what sleep?! the 3 hours of pain I get on my side?) and how much they all loved being pregnant, I don't even like the movements, I feel invaded, haha.

They are lying to me yes? I didn't even glow. In fact I'm covered in blue veins, I look like death. 

(Comments about how I should be lucky I'm pregnant at all need not be posted, I'm not looking for sympathy...etc)

I just can't wait for this little beggar to be out and then the "fun" can get started! ;)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
levansbx
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:08 PM
Not too much longer to go, and just keep telling yourself this is just a short time relative to your whole life. Try to enjoy it for the miracle it is.

That said, my second pregnancy was a lot less enjoyable than the first time and both were pretty easy, so I get where you're coming from!
anon55
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:10 PM

I hated both pregnancies too. You will feel so much better in a couple weeks.

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:12 PM
Almost there!
Baked420
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Lol! The end justifies the means. I must've told myself that 1000000000 times in the (what seemed like 3 years) time I was pregnant. I hated it too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:14 PM
My first pregnancy was hell, I puked into the 3rd trimester, then I had heartburn, back pain, swollen ankles etc and I went to 42 weeks and ended up with a SURPRISE!Csection after 2 days of mostly unmedicated labor.

My 2nd pregnancy I rarely puked but I went to 41 weeks and was like "get this fucking kid out of me!"
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM

I don't miss being pregnant at all, ever.

I also hated every minute of them all (4). I would have at least 3 more kids if I didn't have to carry them. But I also had HORRIBLE pregnancies. My 3rd literally broke my spine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kay283
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:17 PM
I hated being pregnant too! Hang in there you're almost done.
Jezzi86
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:17 PM
You'll be done soon!!!

I always hated it from about 6 months on lol
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:17 PM

LOL this made me snort!!  Pregnancy wasn't a good look on me either.  Infact when my daughter was born and after I was told that she was healthy I yelled "Thank GOD I'm not pregnant anymore"  pregnancy was a means to an end for me.  I tried to like it, I really did, but yea I didn't lol

jamamama00
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:18 PM
Join the club!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)