Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm terrified I'm scared I'm crying I'm freaking out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
My son is 9 and has autism.

We used to have fits every day that was years ago though.

Now fits are a lot less often maybe 1x every 2 to 3 months?

He's really good at learning what not to do usually he does something once and we explain things and the same instance never happens again.

I homeschool as he has proven school is too hard for him, he has an idetic memory so his brain notices a lot and it overloads. But things have gotten better and he has started karate. He has done very well the instructors know about the autism and dad stays and helps supervise.

The other day he was in the locker room when two new students went in the boys locker room. They have very long hair done in braids (Native American) and my son thought they were girls.

Facepalm

So he asked them nicely to go in the girls. Instead of them explaining, that they were boys they ignored him. Ok.... So my son got mad and slapped on of the boys on the arm.

He knows hitting isn't allowed at all and was totally in the wrong. He is grounded from his electronics for a week, was told he knows he cannot hit period, and we explained that some boys have long hair.

Now I do know the boys actually didn't say anything and ignored him (until he smacked) there were other boys who saw and heard it. He is still the wrong one no matter what they said or didn't say, but on the same hand if they said we ARE boys my son wouldn't have hit. Irrelevant though, HE HIT. Which isn't allowed period.

Now I am scared, terrified really, they will tell us he is out of the class. He needs this class for gym, for working out, for self-defense, it's helping his mood, he has more confidence, he's been more disciplined and listens better, and he now has better focus in school.

On the same hand he may deserve to get kicked out....

I'm just so torn.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltownteddy
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:17 PM
4 moms liked this
Be proactive and talk to the instructor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:18 PM
8 moms liked this
He shouldn't be in that class period. If he cannot control himself you need to figure something else out.He's lucky those boys didn't react and beat the crap out of him.
Corkie-
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM
Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM
5 moms liked this
You are very wrong.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He shouldn't be in that class period. If he cannot control himself you need to figure something else out.He's lucky those boys didn't react and beat the crap out of him.
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Ask for a conference with the instructor, the other parents.  Have the boys with another adult.  Apologize profusely to them all and explain.  Then bring your son and the others in, explain to your son that they are boys, but their culture is different.  Then explain what he did was wrong.  Ask him what he should do.  Finally, make sure he apologizes to everyone.  See if they will sit him out for a week.

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this

He hit be on the arm, not beat the crap out of him.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He shouldn't be in that class period. If he cannot control himself you need to figure something else out.He's lucky those boys didn't react and beat the crap out of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:22 PM
What? I know he was in the wrong. Believe me his electronics mean the world to him and that for him is a VERY strict punishment. I'm not saying he was right, he WAS WAY wrong. He knows he is supposed to go talk to an adult and tell them if he thinks there is an issue, usually he adheres to it.

Quoting Corkie-: Smh
brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:23 PM
If I was the parent of the other child, I would expect some kind of disciplinary action to be taken because he did nothing wrong. Hopefully, they'll just put your son on a probationary period since this is his first offense. You just need to make sure you stress to your son that he can NOT put his hands on someone just because they don't listen to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
What is she wrong about? He not only hit a kid for not listening to him he thought he was hitting a girl. If he cannot control himself it isn't fair or right to put others in danger of being hit or him in danger of someone hitting him back. This is one issue of homeschooling especially when the child has social issues to begin with. I get why you're doing it but he NEEDS to learn proper social behaviors as well.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You are very wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:23 PM
Thank you that sounds like a great idea hugs

Quoting kee1006b:

Ask for a conference with the instructor, the other parents.  Have the boys with another adult.  Apologize profusely to them all and explain.  Then bring your son and the others in, explain to your son that they are boys, but their culture is different.  Then explain what he did was wrong.  Ask him what he should do.  Finally, make sure he apologizes to everyone.  See if they will sit him out for a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)