Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rice in slow cooker

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Do I need to cook the rice first? Does it make a difference if it's instant rice or not? I'll be putting it in with chicken breast and cream of mushroom soup.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:48 PM

http://www.onedishdinners.com/2011/05/when-to-add-rice-to-the-slow-cooker-one-dish-dinners-tips-and-tricks.html

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:48 PM
Your best bet is to call customer service of whatever brand of crock pot you have. They're trained to answer such questions.

I worked for Hamilton Beach customer service for 3 years but it's been so long that I'm no help. We had other reps in my call center who could give cooking directions so I'd ask them then tell the customer.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:49 PM
As long as you have two cups of liquid to one cup of rice, you should be good. Plus extra liquid for sauce. I never use instant rice but regular should work fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Thanks

Quoting Anonymous 2:

http://www.onedishdinners.com/2011/05/when-to-add-rice-to-the-slow-cooker-one-dish-dinners-tips-and-tricks.html

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't know they would do that thanks. I went to their website.

Quoting blsdbyangel07: Your best bet is to call customer service of whatever brand of crock pot you have. They're trained to answer such questions.

I worked for Hamilton Beach customer service for 3 years but it's been so long that I'm no help. We had other reps in my call center who could give cooking directions so I'd ask them then tell the customer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)