Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm trying to make enough for YOU

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
When are kids able to understand money and food costs?

DH is out if work and his unemployment ran out. His two kids came fir the holiday.

They are 8 and 10. The older one is overweight.

I cook a nice breakfast each morning and divided the eggs, meat, muffins, etc up to feed all of us. We have three little ones.

Guess who is complaining about not having enough eggs. He hadnt even started eating yet. His 10 year old.

How do we explain that we are stretch things for YOU.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:36 PM
4 moms liked this

You don't.  How is this even a question?  It's not their fault their father isn't working.  He needs to get up and go to work.

two4one
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:39 PM
3 moms liked this

You can't blame the kids, he is used to eating a certain way. Instead of putting down his weight and holding it over his head that his dad is out of work (not the boy's fault), look into foods that are more filling with less consumed.

CameraMum
by Anne on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Is your husband actively looking for work? Are you working?  If so then just tell the kids "hey things are tight right now, but we are working on fixing this situation, until then we all are going to have to make a couple of sacrifices."

If your both not working and not making an effort to find gainful employment then just tell the kids to stay with their Mom, they would be better off in the long run anyway.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:48 PM
6 moms liked this
What do you mean by saying that you are stretching it for them? Feeding your kids isn't something optional. Saying that makes it sound like you are doing them a favor by feeding them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM
I did do them a favor. I don't owe them and it's extremely rude to comment about a portion in another person's home when she prepared a meal for YOU.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:08 PM
If the kids hungry, he's hungry. Portion control for an adult is one thing, treating a kid like crap about something they can't control is another.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad you aren't a step mom to my kids. You sound like a bit$h.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:10 PM
So he needed to eat his eggs. Fruit. Meat and muffins and then ask for seconds
I don't raise my kids to complain about portions before they even eat
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

He is a kid. It is his parents responsibility to feed him. Saying that food is being stretched because of him is just rude on your part. Its not his fault his dad isn't working. Both of you need to get out there and find jobs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM
Then tell step kid to discuss it with his parent instead of you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)