Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I can do it, so can you

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:32 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
Usually the topic of money is often judged extremely harshly on here.
With all the food stamps, "I can't afford x,y,z" posts there are often cast in an ugly lignt.

I used to be on assistance (fs) and for some it's temporary. (Like me)

I went to college, I had a career and I thought everything would be fine. I got pregnant while in a stable relationship at 26. But health issues arose and DF was the only income that we lived off of.
We lived extremely budgeted for a year and a half.

But That's behind us now and I own a business and DF got promoted. 😊

So those of you who have fallen on hard times, I understand but don't give up. It's not a permanent situation if you try and remain consistent.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Bump
MrsRA
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Glad you were able to get through the tough times and come out better on the other side. It's not easy, but that's what you have to do. Make a plan and follow through. You used the system like it's suppose to be used. 

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.
Hopefully someone is inspired

Quoting MrsRA:

Glad you were able to get through the tough times and come out better on the other side. It's not easy, but that's what you have to do. Make a plan and follow through. You used the system like it's suppose to be used. 

sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:58 PM
That's awesome girl. Way to show others how it's suppose to be done...
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I had a lot to overcome, but Im doing well and I thank hard work and God for that.
(You don't have to be religious) lol

Quoting sunsetchick34: That's awesome girl. Way to show others how it's suppose to be done...
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:03 PM

BUMP!

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM

i am happy that things are looking up for you and your family. i gave this post a bump so that someone else will read it and get inspired.

Brandyns87
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM
This is a very nice post. I've needed assistance before too. Things are better now, not ideal, but I'm working on another degree and I'm confident they'll get better.
skrbelly
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:08 PM
Great news. I am really glad that things worked out for you.You are a good example of how we all hope that giving someone a little help when they are down will work out. But, no, everyone can't do it because of anyone else's story.
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you. At one point my husband lost his job only a month after I had to quit mine due to a difficult pregnancy. We already had two kids at home. After being unable to find another job and exhausting our savings, we had to use assistance.
But we got through it and kept pushing forward, and now we are doing quite well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)