Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could your SO be mistaken as interested?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:35 PM
  • 20 Replies
Yes, this is a spin off.
I know my husband. He is very charismatic and can talk to anyone. He has a very warm personality. Also, he talks a lot with his hands and will often have engage in some form of contact with those he's speaking to. Most often it is a touch of the arm or shoulder. This applies to both men and women.
Occasionally, he's oblivious. Because he's happy where he is and not looking for female attention and is warm natured, he doesn't always get that some women are flirting. I figure that when he starts to notice the flirting is when I'll start to worry.
But it has happened on occasion that someone got the wrong idea. Because he's oblivious he unintentionally has the best shut down.
Every time someone has suggested hanging out or exchanging numbers he just assumes they mean in a platonic sense, and he sends them my way to make plans. Too cute.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hashtagRC
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:37 PM
Mine seems rude to most people when they first meet him. I doubt anyone would mistake him as interested. Shit, even I didn't know what the F was going on in the very beginning of his courtship.
Avialae
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:38 PM
No. I could be confused as flirtatious. I am just a very outgoing person in that way. She, on the other hand, is very reserved in her body language and tone. She's polite but she is clearly uninterested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Probably. He's a life of the party popular dude. I'm the outcast girl everyone wonders how he ended up with.

SeaNymph09
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Maybe. He's very friendly and jokes around with everyone. He's oblivious when women flirt with him. I usually tell him later. And he's like what? Yea, a desperate woman could mistake this as interest I guess. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Mine is just oblivious lol. He was talking to his friend's now ex-girlfriend at a party one night and had no clue that she was hitting on him until she asked him to bed. He just threw his hands up at that point and said, "I'm out" and backed away. To be fair, the women who have hit on him were shameless though. He talks openly about the kids and I often, they just kept right on going with the flirting.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:42 PM

DH can be quite charming. Especially if he wants something. Thats how he's gotten free stuff. If it goes to far, he just backs off a bit and ends the conversation.

702girly
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM

My husband is a total flirt. He's funny and outgoing and good looking. He's usually oblivious when women are interested in him even when it's painfully obvious.

In our case, we're polyamorous and my husband has a girlfriend as well. If he was interested in someone he would tell me, and his girlfriend, and the woman he was interested in about it. But I've still had women come up to me all smug telling me how my husband wants them so bad. I just roll my eyes and laugh. 

dandynorm
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM
I'm more like your SO. I'm reserved and a bit quiet, but always polite. But also I'm good at recognizing when someone is flirting and nicely shutting them down.

Quoting Avialae: No. I could be confused as flirtatious. I am just a very outgoing person in that way. She, on the other hand, is very reserved in her body language and tone. She's polite but she is clearly uninterested.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM
No. My husband is kind of to himself. He only talks to people he thinks are worth talking to. I'm more open. I'll talk to everyone as soon as I get comfortable in my situation. My husband actually gets annoyed when he knows I'm about to go talk to someone, or when people I know come up to me.

He's not friendly.
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:46 PM

He realizes when it's happening and will try to politely let them know he's not interested. If they don't take the hint he can be kind of an asshole. He doesn't have the best people skills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)