• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

?????

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok, so dd has been getting her period for a year and a half now.  It's just started getting regulated.  Normal, I know.  Normally she doesn't cramp, but this month, she is crapy bad and bleeding hard.  She's 12.  Now, my question is this, she started bleeding heavily after PE, normal, but could cold weather be making the craps worse, doubled with PE?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM
It's been my experience that exercise in general helps my symptoms but only in a before hand kind of way. When I started working out my periods got better. I'm not sure about the weather though.
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Bad thing is, I don't know how much is drama

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's been my experience that exercise in general helps my symptoms but only in a before hand kind of way. When I started working out my periods got better. I'm not sure about the weather though.

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:08 PM

BUMP!

Matka_Kinder
by Tina on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Hormones cause issues,not physical activity and weather

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:19 PM

She's never cramped or bed this hard, so..... Mine are easy.  4 days, no real cramping

Quoting Matka_Kinder:

Matka_Kinder
by Tina on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Periods change as hormones shift. Some women have periods their whole life that are easy peasy,some have times where they bleed like pigs. Bring it up to her doctor if you feel something is wrong. Most likely it's normal. Give her a Motrin and a heating pad

Quoting kee1006b:

She's never cramped or bed this hard, so..... Mine are easy.  4 days, no real cramping

Quoting Matka_Kinder:

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:27 PM

She is upstairs showering right now.  Getting in pjs, and then coming down, cuddling on the sofa with her homework and a heating pad.  I'm going to see if that cuts it before medicating her

Quoting Matka_Kinder:

Periods change as hormones shift. Some women have periods their whole life that are easy peasy,some have times where they bleed like pigs. Bring it up to her doctor if you feel something is wrong. Most likely it's normal. Give her a Motrin and a heating pad

Quoting kee1006b:

Quoting Matka_Kinder:

PrincessPizza
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:30 PM
How many pads or tampons is she going through an hour
Matka_Kinder
by Tina on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:31 PM

I wouldn't worry unless she is soaking a pad or tampon in less than an hour

Quoting kee1006b:

She is upstairs showering right now.  Getting in pjs, and then coming down, cuddling on the sofa with her homework and a heating pad.  I'm going to see if that cuts it before medicating her

Quoting Matka_Kinder:

Quoting kee1006b:

Quoting Matka_Kinder:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)