Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you weren't so pretty you would get bashed everyday.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
That's what my husband just told my son. Because he was crying, which I get is annoying, because my son(10) cries a lot, which he needs to learn to cope with, but I am working on it with him. He cries but he doesn't do the whole sobbing and hiccuping thing. It's almost like his emotions, whether happy,sad,frustrated,embarrassed, whatever are hardwired to his tear ducts.Most of the time he will even deny crying even when very obviously in tears.

Am I wrong to be pissed at my DH for saying that and making him apologize, even though I know how frustrating the crying is?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:09 PM
Yeah, he's a jerk. I'd tell him to keep his jerk comments to himself. And tell my son there's nothing wrong with crying. Smh
TB78
by Tasha on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM
Yes he should that is an awful thing to say to his own son!!
Of course I had done that to my son just shout at him when he would get so frustrated and sad but he wouldn't tell me why. I have learned my lesson and your dh needs to try to be more sympathetic to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:12 PM
He is his stepson.

Quoting TB78: Yes he should that is an awful thing to say to his own son!!
Of course I had done that to my son just shout at him when he would get so frustrated and sad but he wouldn't tell me why. I have learned my lesson and your dh needs to try to be more sympathetic to him.
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

There's nothing wrong with crying, but your son might need some coping mechanisms if he gets upset easily. I think it's really wrong for your dh to say that, especially for something that your son obviously can't control. And the whole "if you weren't so pretty" comment sounds particularly weird and potentially emotionally destructive.

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:19 PM
My neighbour, she's 11 and she tears up ALL the time. Like your son, she totally looks like she is crying.
VibeRant
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:19 PM

That is inconsiderate of your dh. My 10-yr old is sensative too. No bashing for anything. Period.

CharlotteRose
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Yes that is called emotional abuse and I can't believe a grown man would tell a 10 year old that. 

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Why does that matter? He is still a jerk.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He is his stepson.
Quoting TB78: Yes he should that is an awful thing to say to his own son!! Of course I had done that to my son just shout at him when he would get so frustrated and sad but he wouldn't tell me why. I have learned my lesson and your dh needs to try to be more sympathetic to him.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM
Is he ebd? I work with ebd kids and some of them are only with me for the e (emotional). A kid that cries over every little thing really needs support. Ignoring it and pretending it's fine or bullying a kid over it will not help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:24 PM
What is ebd?

Quoting Spam72: Is he ebd? I work with ebd kids and some of them are only with me for the e (emotional). A kid that cries over every little thing really needs support. Ignoring it and pretending it's fine or bullying a kid over it will not help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)