Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For everyone that thinks it's wrong to every get rid of a pet.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
What do you think should be done when an animal becomes aggressive? My friend had a dog that went from sweet to aggressive over night. The dog attacked her nephew who was a baby at the time, her brother and finaly me. She actually bit me in the face and it required stitches. The next day the dog was put down. What would you do ? We had to re home my great Gramma's cat because it would walk in between your feet. After she fell down twice once down the basement steps. Everyone was scared that one day she was going to end up dead.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think the animal was probably sick or injured and was trying to tell you all that, and instead, you all stupidly just thought it "turned aggressive overnight" and put it down, without first trying to figure out what happened to the poor thing in the first place.

DawnPratt23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:33 PM
I have only re homed two animals. Found a better fit for them. A cat went to my mom's farm, and a dog that ended up in a childless home. I refuse to kill an animalunless they tgemselves are sick and beyond help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:34 PM

There was nothing wrong with the dog. The attacking 3 people was over about 2 months.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I would think the animal was probably sick or injured and was trying to tell you all that, and instead, you all stupidly just thought it "turned aggressive overnight" and put it down, without first trying to figure out what happened to the poor thing in the first place.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:36 PM
Our aggressive dogs went to a shelter. I wasn't having that around a infant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Was it physically checked out by a vet? I'm sorry, but animals just don't 'turn aggressive overnight for no reason." There is ALWAYS  a reason, and it's usually something physical, whether it's injured somehow, or sick, and just not wanting to be bothered. I'm just not buying any of it happening with no reason. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

There was nothing wrong with the dog. The attacking 3 people was over about 2 months.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
They think you should spent thousands on animal behaviorists, dog psychiatrists, cat trainers and in-home animal therapists.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's pretty much the only time you should. Dumping an animal for trivial excuses, and there are a ton of them, is a shitty thing to do.

We're moving, it's old, the puppy got bigger than expected, my landlord found out that we were hiding a dog, I don't have time for it, it's not a good hunting dog, and the list unfortunately just goes on and on.

MilkLover0203
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally feel if an animal isn't a good fit for your family, you should rehome it so it has a chance at having a good life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have done same the thing. I choose a human life over an animal life.
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:43 PM

when an animal has become aggressive for over night and all has been ruled out (abuse, sickness and etc) then putting it down is the only option because rehoming an animal that has been classified as 'aggressive' will make it impossible to rehome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)