• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

now what? update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Posted before about how a little girl is living in a bad environment, with addicts, etc.

Her mom called me earlier, asking to pick up the girl and keep her until Friday. Apparently some drug guy stormed in and held everyone at gun point. Since there was no school today, the girl witnessed it all.

Idk what she thinks she can change by Friday. Idk what I'm supposed to do.

At my son's therapy appointment and I'm thinking of getting his advice, or see if he has resources i can look into, idk. Sigh.

Wish us luck. That i don't get into trouble for bringing her home with me, that her mom can find a new place to live that's better than her current place

Eta: when i posted before, i explained my anxiety on the phone, etc. My plan is to take her to the social services building tomorrow. Explain the entire situation, let her speak on what happened today and go from there. Idk if they're gonna just take the girl tomorrow, or if she can somehow be placed with me or if they'll make me keep her until I'm supposed to take her back and let them do some investigation.

Right now, we're at ds' therapy appointment- i can't make him miss this one, we canceled the last one and it can be another month before getting another appt.

updated- spoke with the therapist. He says that as long as the girl was with me, cps has no real reason to intervene. With me, she safe. But if she goes back there, cps should be notified. In the mean time, I'm still planning on going to them tomorrow, with mom, and seeing if maybe they'd have a resource. I also plan on telling mom that if she decides to go to a homeless shelter (if nothing else comes up, i hope she takes that route), I'll keep the girl until she gets on her feet. That way, she's still safe (even from the shelter experience).

Not sure what to do in regards to the girls education.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MilkLover0203
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:51 PM
I'd take her, and involve child welfare. What are you waiting for?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Take her and call CPS now.
paulswifey11
by TashaL on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:53 PM
I an there last one to say call cps. But this is exactly what they are for. Please call them
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:55 PM

what she said!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Take her and call CPS now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:55 PM
I guess hoping mom would do it herself. That she'd reach out and ask for help through the state.

Right now, we're at ds' therapy, waiting for 4pm. Then tomorrow, i think I'm gonna just go down to children services. Not bother to call. See exactly what they can do.

Quoting MilkLover0203: I'd take her, and involve child welfare. What are you waiting for?
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:55 PM
Ummm why are you not getting CPS involved.. Smh
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:56 PM
Call cps.
blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Why can't you just call CPS?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:57 PM
I'm gonna go there tomorrow. Not bothering to call, just walk in, explain the situation and do as they say. Idk if they're gonna take the girl right then and there.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Take her and call CPS now.
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:57 PM
Who is this person to you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)