Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my kids probably won't ever get a degree and I am OK with that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
My daughter is 15 and as long as I can remember she has wanted to be a Cosmotologist. It hasn't ever changed. My 12 year old has always wanted to do iron like dh.

I want my kids to do what makes them happy. I not going to push a degree on my children.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I agree. While I want the best for my kids, of course, you can't force them into something they don't want to do. Happiness doesn't hinge on a college diploma, and neither does financial security. 

StoicLife
by Katerina on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My child can do whatever he/she wants as long as they invest in some form of education.
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM
Ok. Not everyone is cut out for college.

Nothing wrong with votech.
paulswifey11
by TashaL on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM
I want what is best for them and that is to behappy. I won't push one either. I hope they do something to make some money though
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:28 PM

What is iron?

As long as my kids learn some kind of skill, I will be happy.  

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:28 PM

I say go for it. Do what makes you happy. I have a family member who went to school for cosmetology and is making pretty damn good money.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:28 PM

I don't see a problem with that.

So far my kids all want to do something that requires a college degree. I'm ok with that. If they wanted to go to a trade school etc I would be fine with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rubberbiscuit
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:31 PM

My ds15 has no plans for college.  He's in the tech program in high school, and if he hasn't earned all his certificates by the time he graduates, he will continue his education until he earns them all.  But he doesn't want a degree.  As long as he has a plan, I'm ok with it. 

702girly
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM

I would be fine with my son pursuing a trade. My husband is an electrician. It's a nice living. 

PrincessPizza
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM
Yep college isn't for everyone. I dropped out of high school and I'm more than comfortable in my profession. And I'm doing what I love
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)