Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great guy or possible molester?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

So we found out yesterday that my son's Karate Instructor passed away. It was a suicide, however, we did not share that part with my DS. (he is 5)

The Instructor was also the owner of the academy. So everything is on hold while they figure out the future of the academy. My son is pretty heartbroken. 

I am stuck. He was the nicest guy ever, my son loves him and looks up to him.

However, there have been rumors. Someone created a FB page for one purpose, and it was to make sure that the karate instructor did not leave this earth in a positive light. The page was around for less than 24 hours.

What it said was that yes, this person was looked up to in the community - he has helped a lot of families. Everyone is confused as to why he would do this...the post went on to explain that he had a dark side. He was being investigated for the molestation of a minor which occurred in two different locations in our state and another state. It said that the investigation was closing in and he was coward and chose the easy way out. The post apologized for coming out of the blue and warned us to watch our children.

Now. As much as I do not want to believe any of this - and I don't want to start rumors - it made me think for sure. This wasn't a post bashing. There were no names used, it stated what seemed to be facts and it was not full of anger. In all honesty it sounded like it came from someone that was the victim, or was close to the victim. They were leaving things to justice. When the instructor took his own life, they felt like they were no longer going to get that justice and hated that this guy was being made to sound like a hero. (and he really was for some) It even said this was not speculation, and that if we looked for the information, we would find it.

Obviously, I would never share any of this with a 5 year old. But it is really messing with my head. No one believes it and people are calling this person scum for starting the rumors and spreading lies.

Not sure what the point of this post is - just getting it out of my head, I guess. How would you go about even trying to look into this further. And would you? What would it change for you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, if the guy is dead then no, I wouldn't investigate it further... what would be the point of that?

However, there is just something really creepy and low and nasty about someone posting this after a suicide when the person has no way of even answering the charges. If the poster had actual knowledge that the instructor was a molester, he needed to take it to the police when the instructor was alive.

These kinds of accusations are so easily made... so hard to combat, especially if one is dead. 

Just leave it. Doesn't matter now if he was Jack the Ripper... he's gone.

Jezzi86
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:30 PM
You can look up registered sex offenders by name, but only if convicted im sure ,:/

That's pretty sad however ya look at it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:33 PM

That is kinda what I thought - what if I found something out - then what. What does it really change?

It was brought to police - according to their post - he was being investigated and were close to charges. But since he wasn't actually charged - I can't find anything that stands out.

Quoting handy0318:

Well, if the guy is dead then no, I wouldn't investigate it further... what would be the point of that?

However, there is just something really creepy and low and nasty about someone posting this after a suicide when the person has no way of even answering the charges. If the poster had actual knowledge that the instructor was a molester, he needed to take it to the police when the instructor was alive.

These kinds of accusations are so easily made... so hard to combat, especially if one is dead. 

Just leave it. Doesn't matter now if he was Jack the Ripper... he's gone.

StoicLife
by Katerina on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:33 PM
I wouldn't simply because a the person involved isn't around anymore. He has no voice in this. Has your son made any mention to anything happening to him:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:34 PM

So sad. My heart is broken for my DS. Regardless of the back story - he is devestated.

(He wasn't charged/convicted, so wouldn't be registered.)

Quoting Jezzi86: You can look up registered sex offenders by name, but only if convicted im sure ,:/ That's pretty sad however ya look at it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM

No, I have zero concern there. I was at every lesson and he has never been alone with him.

Allegedly, the minor was 13.

Quoting StoicLife: I wouldn't simply because a the person involved isn't around anymore. He has no voice in this. Has your son made any mention to anything happening to him:

702girly
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Someone started a facebook page to warn people to protect their children after the man was already dead?

I'd have a hard time taking that seriously. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:37 PM

It was more of warning to not just trust people. Since the instructor was so involved with the community, you really did just automatically trust him. I think it was saying to be careful and not do that because this trusted person, should not have been trusted.

Quoting 702girly:

Someone started a facebook page to warn people to protect their children after the man was already dead?

I'd have a hard time taking that seriously. 

An0nymous1
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Since he is gone, I would let it go.
C8linVilla
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:40 PM
Why would they createbit and tell u to watch your kids if he is dead....

He is dead id just forget it and move on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)