Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pissed at teacher!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:56 PM
  • 115 Replies
So my ds is in kindergarden and has pretty bad asthma that acts up over the winter. This morning I gave him a nebulizer treatment and wrote a letter to his teacher to please send him to the nurse before lunch for another treatment. Ds came home starving today because apparently she sent him DURING lunch and he didn't get to eat anything. So I wrote her another note for tomorrow asking that she please send him before or after but not during his lunch period and I do not feel it's appropriate for him not to eat because of a medical condition! Would you be upset too or am I overreacting? Teachers, is this normal to send kids during lunch time?

And yes I know my mama bear instinct kicked in but not only is school a long day but asthma medications are filled with steroids and he needs to eat something with it.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anon55
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah that bullshit and bordering on neglect. I'd be pissed.
crazygirl907
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:06 PM
10 moms liked this

Why don't you call her and get the story? Maybe he said he didn't want to eat, maybe she forgot to send him before lunch and thought there would be time for him to eat. I wouldn't trust a kindergartner for the whole story. 

Baked420
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
She's a dumbshit, I would be mad too
MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:06 PM
Ya I would be pissed
C8linVilla
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Id be pissed to but how long does it take for that? Most schools have 30-45 min for lunch right? Im not accussing im curious as i dont know.
Jessy76
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this

It seems the fact that the child would NEED to eat would be common sense for a TEACHER. I would be upset as well. Sounds like she really dropped the ball on this one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:10 PM
She's a dumbass and I wouldn't be writing a note. I would take him to school and TELL her what needs to be done then go talk to the nurse so she knew also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My 3rd grader has 20 minutes for lunch, including the walk to and from the cafeteria.

Quoting C8linVilla: Id be pissed to but how long does it take for that? Most schools have 30-45 min for lunch right? Im not accussing im curious as i dont know.

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:13 PM

I'd probably send an e-mail to the teacher and send a copy to the principal.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:14 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm wondering how long it takes to have a nebulizer treatment.  Maybe the nurse wasn't there and he sat and waited for you.  Maybe any number of things happened.  You should calmly talk to the teacher and not freak out.  Things happen.  Relax.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)