Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Butt games" clarified..

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

**From what my son told me, "butt games" involve pulling down their pants and slapping and/or pinching each other. I guess they are supposed to take turns being the pincher and the pinchee but the instigator is usually the pincher and my son is the pinchee. :/ I specifically asked if there was any type of "inside the butt" portion to the game and was told no. ** 

This is one of the games one of the neighborhood boys likes to play. He is 6 and lives across the street. We moved into the neighborhood in August and my son, 7, and him have taken turns playing at each other's houses since then.

My son is very open with me and has no talent in deception or lying. I noticed some weirdness a few months ago when they were playing in the yard outside. They didn't respond immediately when called and I had to go find them. I caught them being shifty and strange. When questioned what they had been doing, my son immediately admits they were playing "butt games". The other boy nudges him and whispers him to shut up, "don't tell"..right in front of me. I told them that's inappropriate, butts are private, etc etc. and moved them to play inside where I could see them. I decided not to say anything to the kid's mom because I thought it would be over. (Yes, stupid, should have said something.) My son later give me all the details of the "butt games" and I give further explanation of that's not appropriate and how he might be curious but you still can't do that and how to say no and find better games. My son tells me these games were initated by the younger boy and taught to him by his cousin.

I never said anything to the other but always kept a watchful eye when they play here, which hasn't been terribly often lately with cold weather and it getting darker so much earlier. Today was their first time over here since probably November. Apparently, the kid is still instigating these "butt games" when I'm not actively watching them. My son came down the stairs "to see what I was doing."  Automatically I moved them downstairs to where I could see them. It is time to relay this to the other mom. Problem is, I've waited so long and I don't even know what to say! Yes, I should have said something right away but I didn't. She needs to know and needs to do something about this. I feel awful now that I didn't say anything earlier. I thought it was natural curiosity but now I wonder about sexual abuse...

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:41 PM

What exactly do these games entail? And I wonder where your sons friend is learning them from at such a young age... do you know his parents well? Is there possibly something going on at that kids home? **Edit, sorry, just saw where you said the kid learned it from his cousin. Definitely time to call Mom :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:43 PM
What are they doing?
fiatpax
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:43 PM

well...what are these butt games?

Baked420
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:44 PM
I'd tell her . And mention her son said his cousin was the one teaching him. Something's not right. Good luck.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:44 PM
What does "butt games" entail?
slt1680
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:44 PM

what do the "butt games" consist of? obviously butts but what is the game?

fiatpax
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:45 PM

it is not too late to say anything

once is a bad choice by children

twice or more is a pattern

waht are they doing that is so bad, just saying the owrd butt is not a big deal, what is with the word

gradysmom2006
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:47 PM
I'm curious what butt games are?

If they suggest molestation, walk over and talk to her. Obviously the cousin told this boy to keep it a secret.
wamom223
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Whatever the details of butt games is you are right it is time to talk to the mother.

I think you just tell the mom you didn't know how big a deal it was until it kept coming up and mention it is an uncomfortable subject.  The thing is the boy knows it is wrong because he doesn't want your son to tell you so something is up.  

JENNlEPEPSl
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:49 PM

What are they doing? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)