Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crisis averted! *long*

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

BF has an extremely part-time job as a cleaner for various stores around here. One of the stores he cleans every morning is desperate for a back-room manager, and offered him the job. All he has to do now is get the thumbs-up from corporate.

I went back to the storage facility with my contract in-hand, and they quickly changed their tune. They accepted my payment, took the locks off my unit, and I will now be looking for a different facility. I'm not going to risk getting screwed by these guys again.

My last paycheck was bigger than I expected, and this week's paycheck will be sizable due to working 40 hours, plus overtime. We'll have just enough to cover BF's truck payment, and still have enough to buy food.

Our landlord showed us a bit of mercy, and dipped into our security deposit to cover rent this month. That gives us another month to figure things out.

BF's behavior has returned almost to normal, but he's still under a great deal of stress, and it's taken it's toll on us both. We were both able to get appointments to see a therapist for no cost, since the place runs on a sliding scale. We'll be attending individual therapy to start out, and couples therapy if our therapist feels that it's needed.

I also had an interview for a dietary cook job at a local health and rehab center, and I have an interview for a teller position on Wednesday. I really hope I get the cook job, as I'll get paid decent money to cook my little heart out for eight hours a day, but I won't know yay or nay until Friday. Both are full-time and pay the same, and have similar benefits, so it doesn't really matter which one I get.

The cook job is willing to work with my back and hip problems. They have a guy there who is affectionately called "The Mule" who does all of the heavy lifting, so I just have to cook and clean, and wear a back brace just in case I need to do some lifting and The Mule isn't around. Idk about the teller job, but I can't imagine they won't let me use a chair or stool if I need it.

Having another month to figure things out, instead of just a few days, has taken a huge load off my shoulders. I still haven't heard back from the SSA office about my SSI application, so I'm running on the assumption that it's going to be denied and I'll have to appeal. So I need to find a better job within my physical limitations so I can afford to live in the meantime.

I just have to remember that I've survived things that would make the devil himself cry in a corner. I can do this.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramita
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:52 PM
Good luck either way. I've worked as a teller before we always had chairs so hopefully if that's the one you get they'll have some. Although I have to say it was usually easier for me to do my job standing.
SexyBurlapSack
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:55 PM

I can NOT do math in my head, as that part of my brain was damaged when I brutally attacked as a child, but as long as I have a 10-key on hand, I'll be fine.

Quoting ramita: Good luck either way. I've worked as a teller before we always had chairs so hopefully if that's the one you get they'll have some. Although I have to say it was usually easier for me to do my job standing.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:57 PM
I wish you luck. You really deserve a break. I am also very glad they took the locks off of your unit. That was ridiculous.
ramita
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:00 PM
It's pretty much all computerized now. Although you may have to take a test before being hired on. Some banks require them, but not all (or at least not all around here).

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

I can NOT do math in my head, as that part of my brain was damaged when I brutally attacked as a child, but as long as I have a 10-key on hand, I'll be fine.

Quoting ramita: Good luck either way. I've worked as a teller before we always had chairs so hopefully if that's the one you get they'll have some. Although I have to say it was usually easier for me to do my job standing.

SexyBurlapSack
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:01 PM

I hate having to be a bitch, but that facility didn't give me a choice. They violated the terms of their own contract, and were about to make me lose my deceased daughter's photos and medical records. Those are all I have left of her. I would keep them at my place, but I simply do not have room. I have two of my favorite photos of her sitting on my dresser, but that's all I can fit.

So, yea, they had a very angry mama bear on their hands.

Quoting LilysMama719: I wish you luck. You really deserve a break. I am also very glad they took the locks off of your unit. That was ridiculous.

SexyBurlapSack
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I called and asked the bank about it before I even applied. They told me that as long as I can use a calculator, I'm good.

Quoting ramita: It's pretty much all computerized now. Although you may have to take a test before being hired on. Some banks require them, but not all (or at least not all around here).
Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

SamanthaSage
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it seems like things are starting to look up for you. Hugs from me and I hope they continue that way. Good luck with everything.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:04 PM
Standing up for yourself isn't being a bitch, but trying to illegally seize someone's belongings is. I'm very glad they backed off.

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

I hate having to be a bitch, but that facility didn't give me a choice. They violated the terms of their own contract, and were about to make me lose my deceased daughter's photos and medical records. Those are all I have left of her. I would keep them at my place, but I simply do not have room. I have two of my favorite photos of her sitting on my dresser, but that's all I can fit.

Quoting LilysMama719: I wish you luck. You really deserve a break. I am also very glad they took the locks off of your unit. That was ridiculous.

SexyBurlapSack
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:10 PM

My reaction was justified, but I was still a bitch. The woman at the desk didn't act quite so holier-than-thou by the time I was done with her. Poor thing looked like she wanted to crawl into a hole, but she was a raging cunt to me when I was told my payment wouldn't be accepted, so I really have no sympathy for her.

Quoting LilysMama719: Standing up for yourself isn't being a bitch, but trying to illegally seize someone's belongings is. I'm very glad they backed off.
Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

missymackie
by Hey Brother on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Glad to hear things are getting better
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)