Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone know how to stop it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I got a replacement phone today, every time I open the google chrome app it opens a new tab with bing :( it's driving me nuts! Lol. I can't find any where to stop this and never had this issue before... Anyone know how to get it to stop opening a new tab every time I open the internet???
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Should be under settings
annezeiler
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:11 PM

I hate bing, lol.

Go into the app, choose "settings," (hit the button with the three lines at the top... settings is at the bottom of the list) then under "basics" there is a tab that says "search engine."  Bing is one of the choices.  Choose google and you should be good to go!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Its on google :( but every time I open the internet, even if there's already tabs open that I was on it opens yet another one that's bing >.< I don't want the extra tab opened or bing lol.

Quoting annezeiler:

I hate bing, lol.

Go into the app, choose "settings," (hit the button with the three lines at the top... settings is at the bottom of the list) then under "basics" there is a tab that says "search engine."  Bing is one of the choices.  Choose google and you should be good to go!

lexiloo714
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:14 PM
It's under settings
the_dude
by abides on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Change your default search engine in the browser settings. 

annezeiler
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Oh okay, I thought you meant you wanted it to open to the google search engine, not bing.

In that case, I have no clue... when I open chrome, it shows what I was on last.  Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling it? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Its on google :( but every time I open the internet, even if there's already tabs open that I was on it opens yet another one that's bing >.< I don't want the extra tab opened or bing lol.
Quoting annezeiler:

I hate bing, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:19 PM
I can't find anywhere to stop it from opening it :/

Quoting lexiloo714: It's under settings
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:19 PM
Its already on google. Every time I open internet, like if I closed out right now without closing my open tabs and went and opened it back up it'd open a new tab with bing on it

Quoting the_dude:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM
That's what it did with my old phone (same exact phone, just a replacement because my charging port was loose) and I just got the phone today and it did that from the first time I opened the internet :(

Quoting annezeiler:

Oh okay, I thought you meant you wanted it to open to the google search engine, not bing.

In that case, I have no clue... when I open chrome, it shows what I was on last.  Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling it? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Its on google :( but every time I open the internet, even if there's already tabs open that I was on it opens yet another one that's bing >.< I don't want the extra tab opened or bing lol.
Quoting annezeiler:

I hate bing, lol.

the_dude
by abides on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:24 PM

What kind of phone is it?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Its already on google. Every time I open internet, like if I closed out right now without closing my open tabs and went and opened it back up it'd open a new tab with bing on it
Quoting the_dude:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)