• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Why do you dislike these guys so much?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
So after reading through the gas prices post I noticed a lot of people seem to dislike oilfield workers. Not just the labor guys, but anyone who works in the industry.

What gives??? Why do you despise them so much?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:10 PM
I have mad respect for them. A few friends of mine work in oil fields
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:12 PM
The company I work for used to share office space with an oil/gas company. The people were jerks. Rude, short tempered, mean. There's a reason they are called gas-holes.
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't despise them.

I support sound tech that reduces dependence on fossil fuels but I dont despise workers in a fossil fuel industry.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't.
liza44
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no problem with them, but it's crazy for someone to want me to sympathise with them about the gas prices getting lower.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:19 PM
4 moms liked this

I think people have more issue with the industry itself than the workers. It's an industry that is highly subsidized by the federal government, with astronomical record profits, that does damage to the environment, that directly lobbies the government to keep progress towards moving away from fossil fuels to more sustainable solutions at a halt.  It's an industry that is fighting tooth and nail to avoid changing in some ways. However they will have to change eventually. Just like many other industries have had to do from the beginning of the Industrial age until now.

ETA: and this industry has a huge sway and effect on the US economy as a whole. This industry effects everything from grocery prices to prices to manufacture goods which effects the prices of those goods. It's an industry that effects most everyone's life in some way.

nichole_erin
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:19 PM
I dont have any feelings about them.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM
I didn't see that post.

My husband is an electrician and works in the oil sands. I love him :)
PogoPalOj
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:22 PM

confusedI have no idea what you're talking about... 

siergomez
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:23 PM
My husband works oilfield and the majority of his coworkers,that I have met, have been jerks. So I just kind of expect them to be now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)