• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here been to, or live in, South Padre Island?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:49 PM
  • 16 Replies
We are thinking about changing our vacation this year from a cruise to visiting South Padre. Has anyone taken their kids? Is it a good for families? Do you have any tips to definitely go to, or to definitely avoid? Thanks!
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:52 PM
I live close about an hour away from the bridge and work 20 mins away from the bridge

Its very family friendly and the people down here are super friendly (:

And when the kids are asleep/with a baby sitter theres also alot of places to get a drink and dance the night away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:53 PM
I was there 12 years ago. it was very crowded and the beaches were gross. Of course I live in the Caribbean, so I am spoiled with awesome beaches.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:57 PM
I'm jealous! I've always wanted to go to the Caribbean. I'm pretty sure the beaches will be impressive to us, no matter what. None of us have ever been to the ocean.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was there 12 years ago. it was very crowded and the beaches were gross. Of course I live in the Caribbean, so I am spoiled with awesome beaches.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Any special stops we should make off of the beaten tourist path? We won't have a babysitter this time. It's just going to be the 4 of us so no drinking and dancing the night away for us! Lol

Quoting Anonymous: I live close about an hour away from the bridge and work 20 mins away from the bridge

And when the kids are asleep/with a baby sitter theres also alot of places to get a drink and dance the night away.

paTrollDog
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM
I'm nowhere near. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Oh theres a cute little pirate themed restaurant right by the bridge that has some good family friendly foods. I think the names pirates landing

And id stop at the light house before the bridge and Bobs world also (:

And definately take pictures with the big animal statues lol theres sharks and dinosaurs, you cant miss them .

Kids will love it! Makes great memories (:

Quoting krazymom2boyz: Any special stops we should make off of the beaten tourist path? We won't have a babysitter this time. It's just going to be the 4 of us so no drinking and dancing the night away for us! Lol

Quoting Anonymous: I live close about an hour away from the bridge and work 20 mins away from the bridge

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:22 PM
How cool! I read my family the past about the pirate restaurant and both of them lit up like fireworks! Lol thanks!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh theres a cute little pirate themed restaurant right by the bridge that has some good family friendly foods. I think the names pirates landing

And id stop at the light house before the bridge and Bobs world also (:

And definately take pictures with the big animal statues lol theres sharks and dinosaurs, you cant miss them .

Kids will love it! Makes great memories (:

Quoting krazymom2boyz: Any special stops we should make off of the beaten tourist path? We won't have a babysitter this time. It's just going to be the 4 of us so no drinking and dancing the night away for us! Lol

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:34 PM
Bump!
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:08 PM
Bump!
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:09 PM
I went there for work, and really enjoyed it. It was during the fall, so there were no crowds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)