Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am in a wheelchair, need to loose weight, can someone offer some help?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I have gained over 30 pounds being in my wheelchair. The reason I am in a wheelchair, I was in a bad wreck couple years ago and my back is now a twisted mess. Anyways... I want my body back! I looked up things on line and I see alot of burpee's or lunges and I can't do those. I would also like to have my nice tight ass back, yes even though I am sitting on it and no one can see my ass. Any advice...any would be helpful..thanks ladies..

treadmill

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2Gs
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:03 PM
I found an app I like for nutrition. it is called Rise. What about swimming? Can you get in the water?
Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Only exercise will tone muscle, but 80% of weight loss is diet. Try an app like Lose It to track calories
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Swimming?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:05 PM
Start with your food. A good program is like the food lovers diet.
There are still things you can do for excersize. Talk to your dr or go to the gym at the hospital if yours has one.
SneezyAl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:07 PM
I looked on You Tube and found quite a few workout visors for those who use a wheelchair or who need to be seated.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:08 PM
I'd do a water walk program o
If you can. Some in wheelchairs can.
CStarz
by Rabble Rouser on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM

I would try changing eating habits- lots of veggies, lean meat and fruits. See if you can swim or do other lower impact activites- modfied yoga might work well for you- isotonic excercises using your own muscle resistence. Have you had any physical terapy for your back- maybe speak with the therapist and see what he or she suggests?  The key to a great butt is clenches- all you need to do it clench while you're seated- do a few times a day-noone will even know! Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM

You do not need to exercise to lose weight. You just need to eat less calories than you burn in a day.

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:14 PM

I would discuss this with my doctors.  Honestly, if you do anything wrong, it can completely paralyze you.  Your docs may have therapists that double as personal trainers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)