• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, you get what you vote for republican voters.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

I knew there were cuts coming to disability (and many other programs) when these guys were voted in.  Who knew this would be the first thing they attacked.  You  get what you vote for.

We Stand United Behind the Whole Social Security System

We knew that the new Republican Congress wanted to dismantle our Social Security system brick by brick—but we didn’t expect them to do it on their first day!

They’ve taken what should be a dry, mundane exercise – the adoption of new rules by the newly convening House of Representatives – and turned it into a stealth attack on our Social Security system. 

The new Republican rule mandates a 20% cut in benefits to disabled workers unless legislation is passed that either cuts workers’ Social Security retirement benefits or raises taxes.

Tell Congress: We will not be divided. Support for the whole Social Security system is essential to our economic security, and we won’t stand for underhanded attempts to undermine it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:09 PM
3 moms liked this
No problem here.. Waiting for the welfare cuts to come too :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Yup

Quoting Anonymous 2: No problem here.. Waiting for the welfare cuts to come too :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I am just wondering how many on here voted republican when they are on disability or any kind of welfare at all?

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM
It's necessary to balance the budget and lower the national debt. Would you prefer that they continue to allow this country to spiral into an even deeper national debt?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM
Is this ssi or ssdi?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Statistically, red states are poorer states while blue states are richer states. It should be the other way around.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I am just wondering how many on here voted republican when they are on disability or any kind of welfare at all?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:13 PM

It needs to be done. Social security is one messed up program.

hautemama83
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:13 PM

I think Republican voters were hoping for that...I'm just waiting for another Keystone vote. 

anon55
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

And you are surprised why? If this site is any indication of how heartless and ignorant this country is a lot of people are fucked. My family has started actively planning our move to another country. I am hoping I can get Expat status eventually. 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

My sister in law is one of those.  I don't think she even knows WHY she voted Reputlican, other than her boyfriend told her it was good for small business (his).

Social Security has to change.  We need more paying into than receiving from it in order to work.  This will mean working longer (no more retiring at 65 - they set that when the average lifespan was longer).  No more early retirement.  My husband has NO plans to retire early - he loves his career, and can do it well into his 70's and beyond.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)