Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does a child have to die before CPS and police do something?! Small UPDATE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 175 Replies
UPDATE 1: I saw the mom of this little boy today at walmart. The same walmart she was caught shoplifting at. The little boy wasn't with her, and she doesn't have a car. So I have no clue where he was...maybe with a relative...somewhere safe I hope. Anyways, my friend who is my other neighbor and i decided to CCAP the mother today, and we found out that one of her OWI charges happened when her son WAS IN THE CAR with her! So she was driving drunk with him in the car. Makes me sick. The other thing we saw is that she has an eviction court hearing tomorrow. Now we have been wanting her out since about a month after she moved in when she started causing issues in the building and being loud (this was before we started noticing the neglect of her son). BUT, now we're super worried that if she gets evicted, then we will have no clue where they will go and won't be able to watch out for her son! We know that she no longer has a car...they could end up homeless...and it's negative temps here. So we called CPS today to tell them she has an eviction hearing tomorrow and that we're worried about this little boy. The woman just said that they'd try to come out here a little bit sooner. I feel so defeated and worried right now!

So I'm fuming pissed at the system and worried sick about a 2.5 year old little boy who lives in my building. His mom is pure trash. She's always high, she has been arrested multiple times for stealing from walmart and other places, she has 2 open owis, and she is neglecting her son and putting him in danger. She lost her license and car, but takes her friends cars sometimes.

So since she's moved in here over the summer, she has had 11 instances where we've had to call the cops on her for child endangerment and neglect. He's gotten outside the apartment and went outside and walked over a block by himself, naked, to the stop sign intersection by the busy main street in our town. Cops were called. Did nothing. Another instance that's been happening repeatedly, is that she is strung out on pills and passes out either on the couch or in bed ALL DAY. Her son then opens their front door, and either roams the hallways looking for anyone to give him attention because he's hungry, or he goes outside. And 9 times out of 10 he's half naked and filthy and says he hasn't eaten all day.

Once at 9pm he came up here by me and my neighbor and was in his undies that were soaking wet with urine and his body was filthy. This morning he got outside because his mom was sleeping and he only had on pants. Nothing else. It's -5 here with a wind chill of -30. He was seen by my neighbor while walking back to the building after getting her child on the bus and she took him to her unit and put some of her child's clothes on him to warm him up.

The cops are ALWAYS called. Sometimes she answers the door and sometimes she hides in her place and doesn't answer the door. They always tell her to straighten up or theyll call cps. Well my neighbor and I both called CPS on her and told them everything as we are very worried about her son. Anything could happen to him. Well, CPS said they'd investigate and they have never been out here.

Today when the cops were here, they FINALLY called CPS and a social worker came out. We thought they'd finally take him. But no, they didnt. Just warned her to straighten up. And told my neighbor his case is a priority now and will be investigated. Yeah right.

Well low and behold, the boy got out AGAIN and went outside naked. Another neighbor saw, and brought him in and because her door was propped open and she could see she was sleeping on the couch she yelled for her to wake up and she did. The neighbor didn't call the cops but mentioned it to my other neighbor. My neighbor is so pissed she went to the police station to talk to them to tell them they need to do something.

They told her they can't do anything and that they want to catch her in the act. Wtf?! I'm so effing pissed! WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN TO THIS POOR CHILD BEFORE THE POLICE AND CPS FINALLY DO SOMETHING AND TAKE THIS CHILD AWAY FROM THIS WOMAN WHO IS PUTTING HIM IN DANGER?!

Is there anything we can do about this?! We live in Wisconsin and I'm not familiar with the laws.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andi_pandi
by Andrea on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:21 PM
Bump for you :( I'm not sure on the laws there
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the bump! I just can't believe that the police claim they can't do anything.

Quoting andi_pandi: Bump for you :( I'm not sure on the laws there
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Bump :(
Yosoytumamii
by Mami on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:25 PM
3 moms liked this
Call cps/the police while he is out of the apartment. Let him wait in your apartment. Or video tape it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Call cps when he escapes, follow him. Tell cps he is outdide now, and he runs away from you when you get near.. i dont know. Has drugs been mentioned to cps?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:27 PM
We have done that before already with calling while he's out of the apartment and we keep him in one of our apartments until police get here. They don't do anything exept threaten to call cps if she doesn't answer the door and then tell her to straighten up. They did call cps today though, but the social worker didn't really do anything and said she wasn't going to take him today.

Quoting Yosoytumamii: Call cps/the police while he is out of the apartment. Let him wait in your apartment. Or video tape it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:27 PM

How awful.:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:29 PM
We have called cps when he escapes. We did that today and they came out but just told her to straighten up and they couldn't take him today. Yes we told them about the drugs. I just found out he got out another time today when I wasn't home. So that makes 3 times just today!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Call cps when he escapes, follow him. Tell cps he is outdide now, and he runs away from you when you get near.. i dont know. Has drugs been mentioned to cps?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg that's so sad. I know how cold it is there, it's the same here in MN. I'd be calling the police and CPS daily until that child was removed. They're going to have to listen eventually. Hopefully not before it's too late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
It is extremely awful!

Quoting Anonymous 4:

How awful.:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)