Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idk wtf my dh is talking about

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:27 PM
  • 21 Replies
The weather is kinda bad here. Im sure other places get it worse but usually the roads have been plowed and salted by now.

They're bad. It's weird. Idk why stuff wasn't taken. Care of. Usually when we get snow we can go out later in the day.

Anyway, dh is talking about this thing his work has where they say if they're running a smaller crew bc of bad weather. You call the number and they tell you if your number or team needs to come in.

Dh doesn't have to go in bc he's management (although I think he's going anyway) but last year apparently this applied to him and he's like "yeah that's why I never went in when the weather was bad."

What? I can't remember my husband ever taking off for bad weather-other than a hurricane a couple years ago and at that point he was Stil a temp so it was the agency that told him not to go in.

So I'm like "what are you talking about? The hurricane?" And he says "no, all the snow last year."

I swear to God, he never took off. So I'm like, did you tell me you were going to work and then go somewhere else? This never happened. You never told me "I don't have to work bc the production schedule has been trimmed."

This just didn't happen. I wouldn't forget a hotline that tells you that you don't need to go in. That's something I would remember about his job.

I think he's on crack.

ETA: I don't think he's cheating lmao. I think he called last year and didn't have to go in at night and then ended up working during the day instead so he didn't have to use vacation. His work is pretty flexible as long as you're there 40hrs a week and production is running smooth. He probably thought he told me he was working the days and not going that night but didn't explain he had called the hotline-so I just assumed he was just scheduled for daylight or whatever. Or he called but was already off for whatever reason bc he takes off in the winter for our anniversary and whatnot.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heydooney
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:33 PM
I have a similar/different conversation with my DH last night! Our youngest wanted his hair cut/buzzed which DH always does. So DH put on the shortest attachment that is super short, almost bald, and I was like wtf are you doing? You always use the longer attachments. He was so confused. He acted like I was crazy for suggesting it. He put on the next one up. Poor kid, you can see the freckles on his scalp!
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:35 PM
I know!!

I hate when people do that.

I'm like why are you suddenly being stupid and weird?

Quoting heydooney: I have a similar/different conversation with my DH last night! Our youngest wanted his hair cut/buzzed which DH always does. So DH put on the shortest attachment that is super short, almost bald, and I was like wtf are you doing? You always use the longer attachments. He was so confused. He acted like I was crazy for suggesting it. He put on the next one up. Poor kid, you can see the freckles on his scalp!
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM
::blink blink blink blink blink::
heydooney
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Mobile Photo

Poor bald child.

Quoting spooky415: I know!!

Quoting heydooney: I have a similar/different conversation with my DH last night! Our youngest wanted his hair cut/buzzed which DH always does. So DH put on the shortest attachment that is super short, almost bald, and I was like wtf are you doing? You always use the longer attachments. He was so confused. He acted like I was crazy for suggesting it. He put on the next one up. Poor kid, you can see the freckles on his scalp!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Is/was he cheating?
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Your SO has never said something and you're like "wtf are you talking about?"

Quoting JDmommyJD: ::blink blink blink blink blink::
paTrollDog
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:42 PM
Lmao OMGosh,, what a little cutie! He's just too awesome. I bet he's a fun guy.

Quoting heydooney:

Mobile Photo

Poor bald child.

Quoting spooky415: I know!!

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:42 PM
No.

I think he just thinks he took advantage of it and didn't ornit was happening when he was ready on vacation bc he usually takes his vacation in winter.

He does this a lot-thinks he's told me something. He has every intention of it, but he'll leave out key info and then later he like "BUT I TOLD YOU XYZ" and I'm like "I didn't know t was bc of XYZ."

Like he could have originally been scheduled to go in at night and then ended up doing a double shift on the next daylight. I would have just assumed he was covering daylight for someone-but really he did it bc they weren't having his kight crew come in.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Is/was he cheating?
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Yes..but I usually follow up with a wild stare, or repeated... Blinking! Lol.

Quoting spooky415: Your SO has never said something and you're like "wtf are you talking about?"

Quoting JDmommyJD: ::blink blink blink blink blink::
Gypsy.Scribe
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Pregnancy brain getting to you maybe? That or he was cheating, that's the only other logical answer ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)