Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My rats are lonely :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I have 2 pet rats. The kids usually play with them all day, everyday. Sometimes they can be rough or careless (like roughhousing while holding them). Every time I catch them doing that kind of stuff, I tell them to put the rats up for the rest of the day. You'd think they would have learned by now. Apparently not, because one of them got hurt. She's been limping around her cage, not putting any weight on it. Everything I read said taking her to the vet would be pointless, because there's not much they can do for a leg injury. If they try to cast it, it could do more harm than good.

So for a week now, the kids haven't been allowed to go anywhere near them. It's part punishment, and part letting her heal. They seem so depressed :( I let DS open the cage to give them a treat, and they practically ran up his arm, lol.

I don't know what to do. She still needs more time. I can tell she's getting better, but it might be another week or two before she's back to her old self.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:32 PM
Get a cat, it will be entertaining for all of them. My pet rat pretty much ruled the house, my cat was terrified of her. It was funny as hell to see the cat run when ever the rat would get near her.. in hind sight probably not the best idea. But it worked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:34 PM

We already have a cat. He's lazy and ignores them, lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Get a cat, it will be entertaining for all of them. My pet rat pretty much ruled the house, my cat was terrified of her. It was funny as hell to see the cat run when ever the rat would get near her.. in hind sight probably not the best idea. But it worked.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Get them a snake
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Mobile Photo

Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:41 PM

I want another :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)