• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're pregnant with your first and you want to give ME parenting advice??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I have 3 kids ages 14, 9, and 2. My older 2 kids are pretty well behaved for the most part but they have their moments. 

My 2 year old is going thru the obvious terrible twos. I am teaching him the same way I taught my older two. I do swat butts once or twice but have never beaten them. Just one swat to the tush to get a point across.

Anyways, my friend is pregnant with her first and she saw my youngest pick up a toy and throw it at me. She started saying how I should whoop his little ass and yada yada. 

My response, I took the toy away and said in a firm voice, "We don't throw our toys". As soon as he realized he lost his toy due to his behavior, he started having a tantrum. Not the all out screaming bloody murder type but he did have real tears this time.

I told my friend when her child is born, she can parent them how she sees fit but I will not beat my children at your command over a thrown toy. 

WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KiraLise
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Your kid, your rules. You handled it fine. Tell her to stuff it next time.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:38 PM
She made one comment, that's hardly advice
MrsRA
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:42 PM

I would just smile and go on doing it your way. She has no idea lol. I would however tell her you hope she doesn't beat her kids a** every time he/she misbehaves. Tell her you'd be willing to talk about parenting with her if she's interested. Tell her the way you do things isn't just on a whime, that you have thought all this out ahead of time. Or just smile and let her figure it out lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:51 PM
I would have told her to shut her mouth up.

I parents my child the way I want to also.

But I always wait to spank my child's butt last if nothing else works.
MagicMary
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:14 PM

I would have said the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)