• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This girl is moaning, groaning, and wailing.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

Sitting in urgent care with my kid.  She broke her hand and this urgent care can cast it instead of going downtown.  

There is a lady here who gives a little cough and then moans and groans.  We have already been seen and xrayd.  Just waiting on casting.  There is a little boy puking his guts up and not making a sound.  But this grown woman is hoping that her nose gets her seen earlier.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
When I did triage, I ignored people like her.
StoicLife
by Katerina on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:53 PM
You don't know the lady. She could easily have other issues...
KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

um...okay.....I suggest sitting far far away from them.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:56 PM

I am on the other side of the waiting room.  She is seriously wailing.  

Quoting KylesWifey:

um...okay.....I suggest sitting far far away from them.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:00 PM

When I fractured my back in 3 places & was at the chiropractor (my dh thought I just strained a muscle, so glad they could take xrays there) I also had a cold. It was so incredibly painful to cough or sneeze.

I didn't make any noise, but I would scrunch up my face, couldn't help it. I still got odd looks. I'm sure to everyone else I looked like a healthy person with just a cold. Heck, even my dh was sure I just had a muscle strain. We were all surprise when we learn I actually fracture my back.

She could have a fracture rib or other problems causing her pain, you can't always tell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Possible.  But I doubt it. She is curling up in a ball, then getting up and walking, and then sitting, and then a ball....and on and on

Quoting Anonymous 3:

When I fractured my back in 3 places & was at the chiropractor (my dh thought I just strained a muscle, so glad they could take xrays there) I also had a cold. It was so incredibly painful to cough or sneeze.

I didn't make any noise, but I would scrunch up my face, couldn't help it. I still got odd looks. I'm sure to everyone else I looked like a healthy person with just a cold. Heck, even my dh was sure I just had a muscle strain. We were all surprise when we learn I actually fracture my back.

She could have a fracture rib or other problems causing her pain, you can't always tell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this sentence?

Quoting Anonymous 2: When I did triage, I ignored people like her.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Lots and lots.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this sentence?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Sadly I feel like that uncaring attitude could be common for medical workers. Dahm.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: Lots and lots.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this sentence?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:14 PM
Maybe you should put your damn phone away and focus on your sick child.. Mother of the year. Jeeze
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)