Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't support entitlement issues for women

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
4 moms liked this
I don't like or agree with the entitlement attitude many women have today.
I do not need to be coddled by society, have special laws or need special acccmidations at my job because I've had a baby.
I want to be paid my worth, while in competition for a higher salary with men or other women.
If my employer tells me no to a request, I don't automatically decide it must be due to my gender.
I expect to only be as respected by others as the respect I show them.
I take 50% credit for conceiving a child. While the baby is half mine, he/she is not ALL mine.
I recognize fathers rights and hold them to be as needed and important as my own.
I'm all about equality. I don't want more or less.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed though outside of CM, I've yet to encounter women who think otherwise.

Seems that the majority of women I've personally met agree with both of us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:07 PM

I agree with you.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:07 PM
I think the vast majority of women want equality, nothing more.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:07 PM
It's a nice idea but honestly I'm grateful for the laws we do have. I'm guessing you've never been left in the position of being laid off because you're pregnant, you wouldn't be so blasé then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:09 PM
When you lose your job bc you are pregnant you may think twice. Without those laws you'd be expected back at work well before 6 weeks.
NBVP1
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I want equality.

Unfortunately, special legislation is sometimes necessary in order to truly level the playing field. I support such legislation.

When a group has been disadvantaged, there will need to be compensations made in order to catch them up to the groups of privilege.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:12 PM
I agree.

I made a post that there was only one man in the corporate administrative positions above me in the industrial company I work for. The rest are women. I don't believe we are somehow disadvantaged.

I got 3 replies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:13 PM
What job were you laid off from?
I have been laid off and not pregnant. I'm just not looking for reasons to shove my gender down my employers throat or expect anything extra.

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: It's a nice idea but honestly I'm grateful for the laws we do have. I'm guessing you've never been left in the position of being laid off because you're pregnant, you wouldn't be so blasé then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:15 PM
Disadvantaged? What group is this?

Quoting NBVP1: I want equality.

Unfortunately, special legislation is sometimes necessary in order to truly level the playing field. I support such legislation.

When a group has been disadvantaged, there will need to be compensations made in order to catch them up to the groups of privilege.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:17 PM
It's never happened to me but it does. I'm talking about people who are laid off specifically because they're pregnant and are left unable to find another as they start showing. We need laws to protect people from that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What job were you laid off from?
I have been laid off and not pregnant. I'm just not looking for reasons to shove my gender down my employers throat or expect anything extra.

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: It's a nice idea but honestly I'm grateful for the laws we do have. I'm guessing you've never been left in the position of being laid off because you're pregnant, you wouldn't be so blasé then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)