Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need you cafemom doctors! Possible TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I had a small red bump pop up on the front of my left breast about 24 hours ago. There was not white head, but I tried to pop it and now today it's swollen and bright red. It's not really painful unless I squeeze it. Does anybody know what this is?

Can you push the "crap" inside of a pimple back under the skin if you try to squeeze it too soon? And don't tell me to ask my doctor. I have a $5,000 deductible. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:12 PM

bump

TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe try a hot compress and see if it pulls the rest of the puss or whatever it is out.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:14 PM
It's probably just a zit. Treat it like you would any other one. And don't try to squeeze it again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe an ingrown hair? hubby gets those often they look like pimples but his have no heads sometimes you can see a hair in it but sometimes you cant its just a pimple without a head lol,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:18 PM

That is hard for me lol! I'm a picker. I can't stand to see a bump or ingrown hair. I have to pop it. Gah! Why do I do this to myself?!

Quoting Stephd710: It's probably just a zit. Treat it like you would any other one. And don't try to squeeze it again.

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:21 PM
Put band aid on it. First put a gob of Vicks rub on it though.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is hard for me lol! I'm a picker. I can't stand to see a bump or ingrown hair. I have to pop it. Gah! Why do I do this to myself?!

Quoting Stephd710: It's probably just a zit. Treat it like you would any other one. And don't try to squeeze it again.

Green.Ghost
by Jenn on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Try a hot compress 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That's really creepy! 

Because yesterday a red bump popped up on the upper part of my areola on my right breast and I had no idea what it is! These answers will help me! :) thanks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:26 PM

I put neosporin and a bandaid on it just now. Which now brings me to my next concern. Is it ok to use neosporin after it's expired? :) I just realized the tube says expires 01/2015 so it's just expired, but still. 

Quoting AjsMom0508: Put band aid on it. First put a gob of Vicks rub on it though.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:27 PM
It should be fine. Vicks will pull any infection to the surface unlike Neosporin though.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I put neosporin and a bandaid on it just now. Which now brings me to my next concern. Is it ok to use neosporin after it's expired? :) I just realized the tube says expires 01/2015 so it's just expired, but still. 

Quoting AjsMom0508: Put band aid on it. First put a gob of Vicks rub on it though.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)