Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so sick of my dogs dying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
My XH collected dogs. When we divorced, I took them (4 at the time). Then he got a puppy and 8 months later asked me to take her, which I did bc my DD was attached.

Well 3 of them died in November and December 2013. Separate incidents. Now we have 2, and today, 7 hours ago, one of them went on an adventure, which they do sometimes. I managed to call the other one back but it was a warm day and she was headed for the deer carcass a few acres away.

She's always back before dark. Not today, though. I started having a bad feeling much earlier, so I'm trying to come to terms with it maybe being the worst case scenario.

I've lost 6 dogs in 6 years. 5 died, 1 ran off and never came back. The deaths cut me to my absolute core, but the worst was the one who never came back, bc then you're always wondering what happened, if she's still alive, if she was taken in by a nice family or taken in by assholes wanting to fight or breed her, if she was sold to a medical research facility and lives her life in a cage. The not knowing, the never going to know, and the guilt is horrible.

I don't want to go through this anymore. I'm so sick of losing family members.

I know I suck, and I'm an irresponsible dog owner for letting her roam. I go out with one at a time because we don't have a fence (we live on 80 acres) and they stay with me if I'm out there. I had the window downstairs open bc it was 60 degrees out today. They both jumped out and took off while I was upstairs making tea. As soon as I realized what happened, I started walking the place and calling for them. The 2 year old came back right away. The 7 year old is the one missing.

I hate this. It's dark and cold now and I am scared. She is my family.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:00 PM
):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:01 PM
That stinks :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)