Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid just had a major meltdown.....

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:02 PM
  • 17 Replies

Because I had to cut her finger and toe nails (they were really long), she has always been panicky about it and cries through the whole ordeal, but today took the cake. Screaming hysterically, crying and running away. She is 5 BTW

I offered to let my dad or brother do it (dad lives with us and Brother is visiting dad) she screamed louder.

I have never cut her with the clippers, she just FREAKS the F out!! I can't let her go around looking like a crazy with super long nails on her hands and toes....Ugh! 

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:03 PM

lol sometimes we jsut have to sit on them and do it anyway

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM
I don't remember what I did to get my kiddo to be okay with my cutting her nails. It took about a year, and she's four now and a nail biter. I'm.sorry, best of luck.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:05 PM

My toddler just lost his shit. I gave him a bath, that always calms him down

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:05 PM
Oh, man. So glad my kid tolerates that. I can imagine. Mine freaks out for procedures at the doc- like flu/strep swabs, shots, the otoscope... She has good reason for the ear thing, but she is so damn dramatic!
Txlisa7969
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Since she is 5 yrs old have tried doing a mani/pedi after trimming them?  My younger DD hated having her nails trimmed but loved having them painted.  So if she wanted her nails done she had to let me trim them first.  Just a thought.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
DS had a meltdown like that twice recently. Once because there was a hole in his spaghetti and another time because he got mad I wouldn't take him to the doctor's office to get a shot. For some reason he likes getting them. Toddler's are just weird drunk small people.
EponineVader
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Tried that about 6 months ago. As soon as she saw they were going to trim them....She tried to run!! 

Quoting Txlisa7969:

Since she is 5 yrs old have tried doing a mani/pedi after trimming them?  My younger DD hated having her nails trimmed but loved having them painted.  So if she wanted her nails done she had to let me trim them first.  Just a thought.

Bieg9093
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Age 5...maybe she could try doing it herself next time.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Sounds like my DS when he gets a splinter.  Even if I do nothing more than pull it out with tweezers, it's a huge ordeal. I end up having to sit on him, sometimes literally, to get him to hold still.  It's nuts. 

waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM
This totally. Lol I still have to do this. He is 3 and I've never cut him either. Little turd!!!!

Quoting teri4lance:

lol sometimes we jsut have to sit on them and do it anyway

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)