Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excitement over a pregnancy test = @sshole doctor. *update to say thanks*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

I FINALLY got a BFP. We have been trying for a while now so I was so excited.  The doctor booked me for a Pap smear first then a blood test on the same day. After the Pap smear the doc said 'Well, you have a mucus plug forming but your cervix doesn't look like it's doing it's job so don't get too attached.'  No sympathy, no hope, and then went on to talk to the nurse like I wasn't even there. 

Don't get too attached? Don't get too attached? I looked at the nurse and asked "Excuse me, how easy is it to switch doctors here? Mine is kind of an asshole with no bedside maner and I really don't like him."

Its all I could do to keep from crying right then and there. I should get my results tomorrow and then I can book my ultrasounds with a new doctor.

You don't ever tell a pregnant woman to not get attached to her baby. A doctor should know that, right?

thank you to everyone for your kind words. I went and talked to a few friends of mine for several hours after I talked to my husband. They hated the doctor with me and, like some women here, 'fixed' what he said. If I do lose the baby I'm going to be completely heart broken, but I'm crossing everything possible to hope that I don't. I was told to look up to see if a stitch in my cervix would help and whatnot. 

I have PCOS, so finally being able to get pregnant was so amazing. A doctor who can't say 'Oh, you have a great mucus plug forming, but I want you to take it easy so we can keep an eye on your cervix.' Deserves all the hormonal rage thrown at him. 

I'm still upset about it but was told that my demand to switch docs right there on the spot *might* teach him to learn some tact. We can hope so he doesn't upset anyone that way again. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:21 PM
That was callous of him, I'm sorry. Best of luck with your pregnancy.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
How else would he say it?
Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

How absolutely horrible of him. I would be switching doctors as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:22 PM
The doctor could have been a bit for tactful, but was just being honest.
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:22 PM
No that was absolutely rude. My hubs even said so. Ugh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:23 PM
Must be an inner city Dr office..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:23 PM
Well he went about it the wrong way, but was he supposed to lie to you and say everything looked great when it doesnt?
PhoenixsMommy10
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:23 PM
Some people are just all business and no empathy.

Hopefully you'll have better luck with the new doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:25 PM
Well some doctors are just terrible
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

guess he just figures you might end up miscarrying and wanted you to be prepared since it looks like your cervix isnt working. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)