Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTIONS FOR FORMER NUVARING USERS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
How long were you on it for? Did you get your period as soon as you took it out & how long before the next one came? Did you experience pregnancy symptoms in the meantime? I was on Nuvaring for 2 weeks & I got my period within 4 days. My period hasn't come for 42 days since then.... I have been experiencing serious pregnancy symptoms but have been testing negative. I am shocked my body is doing this after I was only on Nuvaring for TWO WEEKS ONLY!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sara-P
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:40 PM
Did you take the ring out? You're supposed to leave it in for three weeks then take it out, have your period and put a new one in in a week.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:40 PM
I got pregnant immediately after nuvaring both times, so my pregnancy symptoms were legit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:43 PM
I was in pain by the 2nd week so I took it out a week early...my period came 4 days later with no problem. Now its been missing for 42 days.

Quoting Sara-P: Did you take the ring out? You're supposed to leave it in for three weeks then take it out, have your period and put a new one in in a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:48 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:53 PM
I'm currently using it and have never had any real problems with it so I don't know. I'm using the method that stops periods. You leave it in a full 4 weeks and then immediately replace it with a new one instead of the 3 weeks in followed by the 1 week gap for a period.

I did have some side effects in the very beginning that reminded me of pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:59 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2015 at 5:27 AM
bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)