• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eight siblings "kicked" off of 3 D.C.Metro buses were hospitalized for possible hypothermia.

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:03 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

Here is the article.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/27776949/children-hospitalized-say-they-were-kicked-off-metro-buses

They were kicked off of 3 buses due to the bus route being canceled due to inclement weather.  They were left outside in the cold.  A couple spotted them and took them in their house to warm them up.  They called authorities and they were taken to the hospital where their mother was notified.  She said she thought they were in school.  They were ages 4-14.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:04 PM

Grr, I thought it would be clicky. How do I make it clicky?

AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:05 PM
How sad!! Poor kids!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:06 PM
DC sucks.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

something does not sound right with this story at all

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:10 PM

BUMP!

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:10 PM
How crazy! I mean the bus is going to go to a depot. At least take passengers there, rather than just kick them off.

Our public transit,is a safe haven. They are required to take people to safety or call the police if a passenger says they are endangered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:11 PM

I feel like there is more to this story.  Having it happen once is crazy, two times is suspicious, three times is just down right WTF!

But on the other hand DC is awful.  Most inner city schools there are awful, they don't care and didn't even notice that these children weren't at school.  If my children are not in school 15 minutes after the bell I get a call.  Unless I called them out sick of course.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)