Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The children freaked out!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I have my two nieces over at the house.Their staying for a few days.I only get them twice a month since they live a couple hours away, & the fact my brother and her aren't together anymore.Which that doesn't matter, it's more about the distance.Anyhow, my nieces and my daughter are all under the age of 3.They love it here.They love their cousin, auntie, & uncle dearly. & we love them as well.Never has there been an issue while they were here, until earlier.I started drawing a bath for my nieces.I take their clothes off, put them in the tub.A few seconds later, Out of No where they both started to scream uncontrollably! I tried to console them, ask what was wrong, everything! I couldn't even put water on their hand so I could shampoo their hair! I mean it was horribly terrifying for me, and obviously to the girls as well! My daughter was in the bathroom with me, then she stared to cry because of how the other two were acting.It was pretty tense.I HAD to take them out of the water.It was a hassle to dry them off and put their clothes on even.I know for a fact that the water wasn't too hot, it was warm considering we all take warm baths, plus it's winter.I know how to draw a bath, I'm not iggnorant.That wasn't the issue.There's nothing I did wrong.All the other times it was fine.I decided to call my SIL.We started talking and I told her what happend.

Her response was that she didn't give them a bath everyday and that she stopped trying to wash their hair.She just throws them in the tub, lets them sit for like 5 minutes and takes them out.

Uhm.Okay? They have never did this to me before.This was no regular fit.Maybe they aren't used to it regularly?

It did cross my mind that maybe they had an accident in the tub at home and are scared? I know Its not,me, or anything I did.They love me and They know I wouldn't hurt them.There's something wrong.I just don't understand.

What do you think about this?
What should I do ? How they reacted wasn't normal.

Help.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:38 PM
I'd report it to CPS just to be safe. Sounds like something weird is going on anyway. What kind of mother doesn't bathe her kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:42 PM
She bathes them every other day I Think, "She says".Then she says it's twice a week.So I'm not sure.
I'm thinking about confronting,her, and telling her that I personally think something is terribly wrong

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd report it to CPS just to be safe. Sounds like something weird is going on anyway. What kind of mother doesn't bathe her kids?
strongforthem
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Every toddler i know has freaked when getting their hair washed... Every one. Mine included. 

abera
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:18 PM
That is weird.. mine freaked out when she was under one... but never to where I had to take her out... and she NEVER freaked out over getting her hair washed.
KiraLise
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Call CPS? Jeez Louise... Some kids like bath time more than others. Especially if they aren't used to being splashed and scrubbed regularly. I wouldn't make a huge deal out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Well, I think CPS is an over reaction.

My kid used to spaz out with the bath.  I ignored it and just got through it as quickly as possible.  They could have had an accident, or they could just hate the sensation.

Donna.June
by Pigpen on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:21 PM
How old are they?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM
My 2 yr old screams bloody murder when you wet his hair. He hates bath time. Its not something cps worthy. Theyre toddlers. Its normal.
Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM

My DD (who is also 3) shits bricks sometimes when I wash her hair so for me it would not be a red flag. She don't ALWAYS freak out but sometimes shes just not in the mood or something to have her hair washed. I'm really not sure to tell you the truth. 

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM
Both of my girls went through phases of hating baths and freaking out for no reason. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)