Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The worlds worst pet owner

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
I'm pretty sure that should be my title. I should not have gotten a puppy without knowing more about the dogs or breed. I should have had her spayed right away. I should have re-homed my dog when DH lost his job. Instead I said we would get her spayed when we got back on our feet financially, Feb at the latest.

She got pregnant and then three weeks ago had puppies.

***pet trigger to follow***

Now I have a dead puppy in my kitchen, and another I'm pretty sure has a broken neck.

She just flipped out on the puppies all of a sudden. I couldn't even go near her. She's never even growled at me before today. She's outside flipping out, the puppies are whining, and I'm terrified and don't know what to do.

I swear I'm never getting another dog. I can't believe I've been so irresponsible and let myself get into this situation.

I don't know, I'm just trying to get the image out of my head. I don't know if I need to get my dog put to sleep because she's killing her puppies, if she's changed and now will be aggressive, if my child is safe, or how to care for these puppies until I can give them away or anything.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:36 PM
I have no advice but here's a bump.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:36 PM

What kind of dog?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Omg, that is scary. Poor puppies. I have no idea why she'd do that, I have limited experience with dogs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Call Animal Control. They will come remove the dog from your home. 

143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Don't you have a vet from before when your dh was employed? Call a vet.

Often the mother will kill (even eat) one of her babies if it's gotten sick or was dying. If the puppy was sick and wouldn't survive she'd kill it so the other puppies would have more to eat. 

Did she growl at you when you went to take it away from her?

alt075
by Peace ❤ on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:40 PM
I have no experience with this. Sorry
AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:40 PM
I have never known a dog to do that. You should call your local vet and ask them. But as for the puppies you can feed them with supplemental milk and a bottle if needed.
Heart4family
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:41 PM
If you have a Walmart near you they should have milk for puppies you can give them for the time being. Also pick up a pet bottle. They need to stay warm at all times their lil bodies can't keep warm by themselves. When you feed them make sure they are belly down otherwise they won't digest it properly.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:41 PM

can dogs have a sort of ppd?thats all i got..

SamanthaSage
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

What kind of a dog is it? Call a 24 hour vet and ask them why your dog would be doing that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)