Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men hitting women

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
It seems today a lot of people believe if a woman hits a man that man should hit her back. I now see youtube videos of men fighting women. I don't agree with that. I'm old school. I tell my son to first of all avoid the type of women who will put their hands on him, but if he ends up in a situation like that try his best to get away so she can't hurt him, then call your sister, call your female cousins, hell, call me, one of us will handle her, but never hit a woman, even if she hits you. That's my take on it. What's your all's?
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:39 PM
5 moms liked this
If you hit like a man, be prepared to be hit like a man.
the_dude
by abides on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe you should never lay your hands on someone else regardless of gender....

Unless it's in self defense. 

Hubris_Huntsman
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:39 PM
If he has to hit to defend himself I've got no problem with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:40 PM

If a woman thinks she's tough enough to hit a man, she's tough enough to be hit by one.

My children are being raised to know they have a right to defend themselves from any and all assaults. 

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:41 PM
I'm with you. Hitting is always wrong, but a man hitting a woman is more wrong. I have no respect for men who hit women, even if they are just retaliating (barring the rare instance of immediate self or third party defense).
PinkGlitterBomb
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Hitting is always wrong. Gender doesn't make it worse or less bad. It's wrong, simple as that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:45 PM

If someone is attacking you, they don't always stop so you can phone someone to come help.  AND if you can phone someone, wouldn't the police be a better choice?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If a woman is attacking my son I approve of him defending himself,  now if she is just pushed him or something I would expect him to just remove himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:47 PM
I'm old school too. A real man won't ever hit a woman. NOW if there are weapons and life/death involved, he needs to protect himself but hand-to-hand...no way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, people should keep their hands to themselves. I think if I hit a man its my fault if I get hit back. Not saying it's right but just because im a woman doesn't mean I should be able to do whatever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)