Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Veterans Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I'm keeping my daughters both of them home from school the Veterans Daybecause my husband is medically retired from the Air Force and probably served for 4 years before he was forcibly retired by a bipolar diagnosis after watching the love of his life died in his arms so when the school ask me where they are and why they're not in I will probably tell them that they are spending the day with the a war veteran because he served for his country and lost the love of his life in the end and lost his service because of it,
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:17 PM
Well OK then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:18 PM
So you're a second wife?

And bipolaride triggered by a tragic death? Wouldnt that more likely be ptsd?

Isn't veterans day... yah it's 11 months from now, why are you worried about it now?
AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:19 PM
Veterans day is in November... why are you even thinking about this already haha
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:20 PM
You're a little early.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:21 PM
So you think it should be a federal holiday to spend with family? I'm a retired veteran and don't feel that way at all. It's just a day I remember to touch base with the fellow veterans I'm still close to. It's also sad you revere the love your DH had for another woman enough to refer to her as the live if his life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM
its not sad its called respect for that person this was a long before he met me

Quoting Anonymous 3: So you think it should be a federal holiday to spend with family? I'm a retired veteran and don't feel that way at all. It's just a day I remember to touch base with the fellow veterans I'm still close to. It's also sad you revere the love your DH had for another woman enough to refer to her as the live if his life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Is that really one sentence?
hashtagRC
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM
I am very confused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM
Yes, it is to think the love he has for you will never measure equal or more than her.

Quoting Anonymous 1: its not sad its called respect for that person this was a long before he met me

Quoting Anonymous 3: So you think it should be a federal holiday to spend with family? I'm a retired veteran and don't feel that way at all. It's just a day I remember to touch base with the fellow veterans I'm still close to. It's also sad you revere the love your DH had for another woman enough to refer to her as the live if his life.
sendsun
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM

This post isn't really making much sense to me. He "probably" served 4 years? And you really only honor your war veteran one day a year?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)