Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

disrespected war veterans based on termination from service

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
my husband was forcibly medically retired from the Air Force because they diagnosed him with bipolar disorder one woman had the nerve to tell me that he was not a war veteran because he suffered from a mental disorder that is not his fault and it really makes me angry when a person says this because my husband probably served for 4 years and then had to forcibly retired from the Air Force
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:32 PM
The next time someone says that, ask how long THEY served in the military to make that judgment call.

Although, out of curiosity - how did he manage to serve for four years with bipolar disorder then get discharged at the end of his term?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Why do you say he "probably" served? Does he not know how long he served?

If he never saw war he wasn't a war veteran... but that has nothing to do with his being medically discharged.

The definition of war vetearn is war veteran is any GI (Government Issue) ordered to foreign soil or waters to participate in direct or support activity against an enemy. So does he fit that description
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:33 PM
Punctuation is important.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:34 PM
they didn't discover that he had bipolar disorder and saw his first episode when his girlfriend died in his arms via an enemy sniper

Quoting Anonymous 2: The next time someone says that, ask how long THEY served in the military to make that judgment call.

Although, out of curiosity - how did he manage to serve for four years with bipolar disorder then get discharged at the end of his term?
AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:35 PM
I replied on your other post. I am not military, but I come from a family full of military.

I find it hard to believe that he served for 4 years with bipolarism, and was only discharged after he aparently held the love of his life while the person died.... sounds a bit far fetched... even just based on the fact that the military frowns upon romance between soldiers... but okay.

And if his bipolarism was discovered after that tragedy... why wouldn't it be ptsd. And if it wasn't ptsd, did HE know he had bipolarism?

Either way if he served he is a veteran, if he was honorably discharged he for sure deserves the respect due to a veteran
sendsun
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:39 PM

This post STILL isn't making any sense to me. He "probably" served four years? You're keeping your kids out of school for ONE day to honor his service? I'm just confused.

daenerys
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Tell them to shove it. I don't see them serving or dealing with a mental illness. 

Purely because I can't help myself when it comes to the Chair Force. (Also, this stereotype is so true for some parts of the air force. My brother spent most of his deployment in the air force playing halo. No joke. Still respect them though).

MrsDukati
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:50 PM
First of all, punctuation is your friend. This was sort of hard to read.

Second, that person is a fucking moron. Your DH is very much a war (assuming he went to war) veteran.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)