Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we found dhs bio dad....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
And we are pressing charges.

Yep you read that correctly. For the last year years we have been trying to figure out why his middle name on credit checks came back as something totally different than on his birth certificate and on the reports there would be things we had no idea about and reported them and got them removed. So I finally had a bright idea and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. We placed one of those locks or whatever you call it on his s.s.n. where they call you to make sure you are getting a loan or whatever.

Well we get a call today. Someone used his number in north Carolina. To try and buy a car. He told them no he is in Arkansas and wasn't trying to buy a car. I guess they called the police there and had this man arrested. We get a call later asking if we know a man named...well we will call him Roy. He said I think that's my birth dads name but ill have to check. We call his mom and sure enough it is.

We find out this man has bought houses in Dh name, cars and boat and other stuff. So yes we are pressing charges. However I now wonder does Dh get ownership of the houses and cars and stuff or what.....

Crazy day. Long day. Dh is pissed that this man who walked out on him when he was five has done this. I'm blown away. I don't know what to think. Has anyone else been through this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:21 AM
What an awful thing to do to your own child
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:23 AM
From what I understand he was awful back then but still it's messed up.

Quoting firespurity: What an awful thing to do to your own child
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:23 AM
How is your husband's credit?
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:24 AM
My ex-step mother stole my identity. It was a nightmare to clean up.

No, your DH will not get ownership of anything because they are technically "stolen goods" and if he accepts them it's sort of like giving the ID thief permission to use your name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:28 AM
It isn't bad but not the best. We don't uses credit cards and have never gotten loans so it wasn't something we checked a lot.

Quoting SitaStJames: How is your husband's credit?
KW123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Wow. Good Luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:29 AM
Dang I was hoping to sell it all lol. Everything is paid for though.

Yeah I'm kinda scared what it's going to entail on the cleaning up part.

Quoting smorgan865: My ex-step mother stole my identity. It was a nightmare to clean up.

No, your DH will not get ownership of anything because they are technically "stolen goods" and if he accepts them it's sort of like giving the ID thief permission to use your name.
RazzleMySpazz
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:30 AM
Good luck! Hopefully his arrest will make it easier to remove any bad stuff from his credit history....

But no, your dh doesn't get anything... It was all bought fraudulently... So it's basically stolen property.....
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Hopefully this won't ruin your husband's credit completely and usually you're still responsible for that debt and will have a hard time trying to get it off his credit. The laws might've changed but a few years back if someone put stuff under your name and used your ssn you were still held responsible for the debt.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It isn't bad but not the best. We don't uses credit cards and have never gotten loans so it wasn't something we checked a lot.

Quoting SitaStJames: How is your husband's credit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Thanks.

Quoting KW123:

Wow. Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)