Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're dating a doctor...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Can he diagnose you with the flu and write you a prescription?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:53 AM
I am a doctor and I don't write prescriptions for family, even for my kids or DH. Too many issues. Just see your doc.
PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:54 AM
No. I'm married to a doctor and he doesn't write scripts for either me or our son. Go to YOUR doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marie207
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:57 AM

I dont know but he should not be able to unless you are also his patient.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:59 AM

They shouldn't

Liability risk

Most residents are unaware of federal or state regulations addressing the appropriateness of prescription writing for non-patients.18 A survey of U.S. internal medicine and family practice residents at a teaching hospital found that less than a quarter believed that ethical guidelines on prescription writing existed.17 Such deficits can make malpractice liability more likely if something “goes wrong” with your casually prescribed treatment. Friends and relatives do sue doctors whom they have consulted informally,18 and casual prescribing can be hard to defend in court because it usually looks suspicious and is not well documented.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Not me, a girl I know. She was perfectly fine now suddenly he "diagnosed her with the flu" and she's so "thankful he can get her the medicine she needs".

I really want to be an ass and report him.

Quoting PinkGlitterBomb: No. I'm married to a doctor and he doesn't write scripts for either me or our son. Go to YOUR doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:40 AM
Not me, a girl I know.

Can I report him for it?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am a doctor and I don't write prescriptions for family, even for my kids or DH. Too many issues. Just see your doc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)