Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who is right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I am a medical student. I work hard to get good grades. I have a part time job. Dh has a full time job. We have 4 children. We got into an arguement a few days ago. I keep my job, because I do security for concerts and events. I LOVE my job. I have a lot of stress and my job is just a stress free fun job. Dh's income covers our bills, we are not rich but we are taken care of. Lately dh gets mad when I work. He says my job is stupid and I need to quit. I know that once I get my externship in May that I will no longer get to do this job. I want to enjoy it until I have to give it up. I am a people person and my job puts me in contact with a lot of people. He says I should quit my stupid job, I say I should get to keep it if it makes me happy and it isn't hurting anyone. Who is right? DH or me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:25 AM

YOU are

DH is just jealous

Tell him to go suck a raw  egg, you will have to quit in May anyway

polkaspots
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:26 AM
You.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:27 AM

I want to say you, but it's not that simple.  Working and being a medical student must take up most of your time.  What about the kids?  

TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Its not (or at least it shouldn't be) a matter of "right and wrong".  It should be something you and your husband work out together in a respectful way.

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:42 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Its not (or at least it shouldn't be) a matter of "right and wrong".  It should be something you and your husband work out together in a respectful way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:43 AM
I do homework when they are at school and go nights to classes(when my children are asleep) I spend lots of time with my children. I was a SAHM for 12 years and it was great but now I have time to be a medical student and my kids don't suffer in the least. They even helped me practice when I started learning vitals. I work weekends which are usually night events when they are asleep.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:45 AM

I don't see when you have any time for family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:55 AM
I spend a lot of time with my family. I also happen to be the wife of a preacher. I make dinner every night(no one is home but me and my 4 year old during the day) I pack lunches, I do laundry and dishes, and I help the kids every night with their homework. I never have anytime to myself but I promised myself that my children would always come first. I always make time for my children.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Neither is wrong. Its a matter of you want to work and he prefers you didn't. Who should make the compromise ? I say he should. Its only going to be for another 4 months.

MrsDukati
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:38 AM
Exactly. And the ones saying "you" are very immature. Smh.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)