Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Affair baby, what would YOU have done?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
Yes, this is ' an other woman' post.
I'm an RN. I was a travel nurse for a few years. I was single, young, and dated a few times, but only once did I get serious about someone. He seemed great, really sweet, caring, great job. We met and started dating the first week of my assignment (for those that don't know, most travel nursing assignments are 13 weeks). Everything was great, we really clicked. It wasn't overly serious since I would be leaving soon, but still, we spent quite a bit of time together and yes we had sex. Ten weeks in, his wife showed up at my apartment. I had no idea he was married and I was shocked and horrified. His wife was a nasty b*tch though, and it quickly became very Lifetime movie, complete with threats to 'destroy me' if I attempted to take her man and her children's father. She knew he was cheating, apparently I wasn't the first and she had a PI that found his newest woman for her to go and threaten. At the time, I didn't know yet that I was pregnant, I found out just a few days later when I missed my period. I never told the guy I knew, just cooled things down a bit and then left. I also never told him I was pregnant.

What would you have done? Would you have told the guy you knew? Told about the baby?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:42 AM
Probably the same thing you did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Used a condom
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:45 AM
Ohh my word. I think I would have done the same thing as you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:45 AM
Not the point.

And we did, as well as spermicide.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Used a condom
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:46 AM
4 moms liked this

I would have had a national background check run on him first

BUT since you didn't know......the same as you

UNLESS of course he was freaking rich as Midas then I would take his ass to court for child support, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably the same as you.

Of course she was a bitch to you, she was mad you were sleeping with her husband. I get you didn't know but how does she honestly know that?
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have had an abortion

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this
It did have a strong impact on my ability to trust. Even though it wasn't a serious relationship, it still hit me hard that he lied so well and so easily.

He was a physician, that's how I met him, but I hardly needed the money, and the drama and other issues just weren't worth whatever I might have gotten.

Quoting Sassy762:

I would have had a national background check run on him first

BUT since you didn't know......the same as you

UNLESS of course he was freaking rich as Midas then I would take his ass to court for child support, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:49 AM
She guessed. She knew at the very least that we were seeing each other, and he spent the night at my apartment a few times, so it was a logical conclusion.

I did tell her though that I had no idea. Sure, I could have lied, but I was nothing but nice to her, there was no reason for her to get so downright nasty, especially since I was far from the first affair.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Probably the same as you.

Of course she was a bitch to you, she was mad you were sleeping with her husband. I get you didn't know but how does she honestly know that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I did think about it, but honestly, I was kind of happy to be pregnant, I did want children and I figured it happened for a reason.

Quoting Rangermom772:

I would have had an abortion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)