Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you tell your kids other names you were thinking of...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:32 AM
  • 67 Replies
We just told our 9 yo that the other two names in the running were Gemma and Tess. Now she is mad that we didn't pick Gemma. Doh.
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

We didn't have any other names picked out.

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought that naming one Brooke Lynn was the most creative thing ever 11 years ago. Good thing I didn't take that route. Neither one of them are angry about it LOL

Me on the other hand, I was supposed to be a Kelly.

JC2223
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

DD has asked. Her name was the only girl name we picked, but we told her what her name would have been if she was a boy.

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest is mad that I didn't name her Taylor like I had origiinally wanted , because she thinks she would be as cool as Taylor Swift. Eyeroll.

I told my three year old I wanted to name him Jack, he now has an imaginary friend named Jack.

My middle child was always going to be Katelyn.
nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:37 AM
Ha! Thank gosh for small favors!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I thought that naming one Brooke Lynn was the most creative thing ever 11 years ago. Good thing I didn't take that route. Neither one of them are angry about it LOL

Me on the other hand, I was supposed to be a Kelly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol my kids are too young for that but my mom told me what else they thought of naming me. My name is Shelby but my dad wanted petunia (ew no) and my mom wanted lark Skylar which I thought would have been cool until my husband pointed out how much it sounds like luke Skywalker -.-
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I've told my son that he would have been an Emily if he had been a girl, but we didn't have any other boy names picked. Now, my daughter will be told that she would have been named Veronica except grandma was so dead set against it. I hope she gets mad at grandma : )
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Nah, Joss was always going to be Jossalyn. There wasn't even a discussion, we chose the name long before I ever got pregnant. I told her she would have been Aidan if she'd been a boy though. We have the names locked for this next baby too.

ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I told my son some other names and he was so glad we didn't chose them.  He is attached to his name!

nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:39 AM
I love Joss!

Quoting caito:

Nah, Joss was always going to be Jossalyn. There wasn't even a discussion, we chose the name long before I ever got pregnant. I told her she would have been Aidan if she'd been a boy though. We have the names locked for this next baby too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)