Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This irks me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I'm hosting a baby shower for someone I haven't even seen I ten years (we used to be friends but grew apart). Well I'm still family friends with her grandmother, who raised her. The grandmother wanted to throw a shower for her but isn't medically capable (stage 4 cancer and is really run down). She asked if I could throw it. I said sure and asked if I could get the names of who she wants to invite and addresses since I know no one she is friends with. I asked almost two weeks ago. I reminded her that I needed to know by January 17 so I could buy invites and send them out. The shower was supposed to be on February 15 and she's due in March so were running out of time. Her response? That her granddaughter doesn't handle stress well but she'll try to get the addresses and names. WHAT?! How is getting addresses from friends stressful? I'm the one planning the shower. Grr. Oh well, if I don't get the addresses by Saturday she's not getting a shower.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:24 AM

yeah,this wont end well.back away..

KnM8689
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Honestly, I would just tell them that they have to plan her shower themselves. I understand the Grandmother is sick but she can do something and tell her grandaughter to get names and addresses to you. I'm with you though, if she doesn't them to you by the 17th I wouldn't even worry about. Plus I hate people who ask for help then do nothing to help you when you ask for it.

wilky5
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:28 AM
Her granddaughter can't handle the stress of gathering names and addresses? Wow! She's in for a rude awakening when the baby is born!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:55 AM

BUMP!

momofirish3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Does she have a facebook? Just tell her to let you know who she wants invited from there and make an event. Might not be the nicest way but if she can't be bothered to give you addresses and you still want to throw the shower, that's about the easiest option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Why are you asking the grandmother for it?  Go directly to your friend

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:23 PM
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why are you asking the grandmother for it?  Go directly to your friend

I haven't talked to her in ten years. Don't even have her number. I'm doing the favor for the grandmother
Spare.Time
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:27 PM
Tell granny to call when she has the names and addresses, and if v she doesn't have them by a specific date it will be too late.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)