Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little sister

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM
  • 17 Replies

turned 18 yesterday. It's so weird to say, even though I've obviously seen this coming for awhile lol.

I just find it strange a bit! I have one more sibling to go, she will be 18 next year. I can't imagine how my mom feels, all 6 of her kids are going to be legal adults!

So bittersweet lol. I feel old though! And woooooot for having another adult sibling to fuck around with! =) I hope we get closer as she gets even older, it's nice to have sister friends :)

Ok... my random post for the day lol.

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMary
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:34 AM

I already got her a present but it didn't dawn on me to get her something 18 year old related? But all I can really think of is lottery tickets. Any other ideas? I mean she isn't and definitely shouldn't become a smoker lol, and has no use for lighters. Can't think of much more that changes you can buy when you're 18 ;)

EAzizM
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:35 AM
You can take her to the club. Most are 18 to get in...
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:35 AM
Take her to register to vote! Excellent and free gift.
MagicMary
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Whaaaaaaaat? Never heard of that. I mean, chem free ones, but I am sure that is something she'd rather do with her actual friends lol. And it's no fun if you can't drink! ;)

Quoting EAzizM: You can take her to the club. Most are 18 to get in...

whattheheck85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM

My mom's youngest is 45--this year 1/2 of her kids will be 50 or older!  :-)

MagicMary
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:37 AM

That sounds boring ;) LOL
And voting isn't happening for awhile either so feels pointless.

I don't even vote lol. 

Quoting oryxx31: Take her to register to vote! Excellent and free gift.

EAzizM
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM
I am one of those that goes to the club to dance....sober. I hate drinking at the club. Lol

Quoting MagicMary:

Whaaaaaaaat? Never heard of that. I mean, chem free ones, but I am sure that is something she'd rather do with her actual friends lol. And it's no fun if you can't drink! ;)

EAzizM
I am one of those that goes to the club to dance....sober. I hate drinking at the club. Lol

Quoting MagicMary:

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM

My oldest child will be 21 this year.  I feel old.  LOL

MagicMary

Lol nice.
I'm enjoying this. I have a sister my age but we were never, ever close. My two younger sisters just have been to young to really hang out with, like a friend-type of way. We've been close but I am just hoping as they are getting older we all get alot closer.

Scary as hell to me to think that she's 18 and I mean, alot of people I know and in my family had babies around that age, me included, so it's shocking, I hope that isn't going to be her lol. 

Quoting whattheheck85:

My mom's youngest is 45--this year 1/2 of her kids will be 50 or older!  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)