Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dd is a month old, and I have a job interview... what do you think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My dd is a month old, and I'm torn. My whole pregnancy, I couldn't wait to start a career, as a graduated with my BA I'm August. Now that she is here, I don't know.
A job I had applied for in the past contacted me this morning to set up an interview. It's a dream job! One I've been wanting for awhile (they kept my resume on file). My DH and I decide did I ger this job, he will quit and stay home with the kids while I work. We don't want them in daycare, as we had a bad experience with ds.
It all seems perfect but I feel I may be leaving dd to soon, but it's a job I want so bad. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place! What would you ladies do? Anyone been in a similar situation?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Go to the interview and see how it goes. You're worrying befor you've even been offered thetheposition.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM
True, I'm so paranoid. It's causing anxiety issues for me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Go to the interview and see how it goes. You're worrying befor you've even been offered thetheposition.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:01 AM

No I have not. But I'd imagine it would be a lot easier for you to work now because your husband will be home with them, not a daycare. That would make the choice a little easier for me.

Krystle1216
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Upside at least they are with one of their parents. The job may not always be there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:02 AM
I got my dream job right before i had my 2nd and it was hard to go back but im way happier than when i was a sahm with my first.

I say go for it. Good luck!
wilky5
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:03 AM
You'll probably regret it if you don't do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Dream jobs don't come around everday. This might be your chance. There are a lot of parents that have to go back to work 6 weeks or so after their baby is born. Not ideal, but that's life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM
This is true! Daycare was a horrible experience for us. My son would come home with bruises that they never could explain! We also had a doctors note of things my son is allergic to, one being apples, and not once, but twice did they "accidentally" give him apples and we had to get him to the ER after his epi pen. I'm just not wanting to chamce it again!!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

No I have not. But I'd imagine it would be a lot easier for you to work now because your husband will be home with them, not a daycare. That would make the choice a little easier for me.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:09 AM

I'd take the job. She'll be in good hands with her daddy.

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I had my kid on thursday and by monday I was wearing him at work so I don't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)