Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD's teacher called Monday "MILK DAY"

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:33 AM
  • 32 Replies

Apparently, I missed the memo that stated MLK = MILK.  DD (11) repeated that gem at Girl Scouts.  I told her I thought it was disrespectful.  DH said the same thing when I repeated the story. 

Has anyone else heard this?  Thoughts?

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:36 AM
Was this in a newsletter or something? That sounds like a typo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I've heard someone say MiLK. Just saying all the letters together. Not really saying Milk and meaning milk.
my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
She might of been talking fast and it sounded like milk instead of mlk.
lucille.bluth
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:37 AM
Never heard that. Is it really so hard to say Martin Luther Kind Day? Does it really need shortened? My 6 year old came home yesterday talking about a movie he watched in class. It was about Martin the Luther King.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Was this in a newsletter or something? That sounds like a typo.

Nope.  It was said in class. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:40 AM

Not as disrespectful as how many people call it James Earl Ray day.  Which I heard a ton when I was in school and worked for other people.

my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:40 AM
That made me laugh

Quoting lucille.bluth: Never heard that. Is it really so hard to say Martin Luther Kind Day? Does it really need shortened? My 6 year old came home yesterday talking about a movie he watched in class. It was about Martin the Luther King.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:40 AM
I agree with others. It sounds like she was just talking fast. I've never heard it called that. If your are teally worried I'd ask the teacher about it before slandering her at the Girl Scout meeting.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Was this in a newsletter or something? That sounds like a typo.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Her teacher wasn't slandered.  DD repeated it as MILK day and I told her to stop.  We discussed it further AFTER the meeting. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I agree with others. It sounds like she was just talking fast. I've never heard it called that. If your are teally worried I'd ask the teacher about it before slandering her at the Girl Scout meeting.
Quoting mommytoeandb:

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Not as disrespectful as how many people call it James Earl Ray day.  Which I heard a ton when I was in school and worked for other people.

WOW!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)