Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You can't fire someone you don't pay....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

My neighbor is an awesome lady.  She was helping out another newly divorced neighbor by watching her two boys after school free of charge.  The boys are 8 and 10.  My friend has an infant and a 12 year old.  Her baby puked all over her yesterday about 5 minutes before the boys mom was due to pick them up.  She told them she was going to jump in the shower real quick and would be right back down.  She sent the mom a text and said she would walk the boys home after she got out of the shower.  She instructed the boys to NOT answer the door. 

Their mom decided to "test" them...and banged on the door.  The older one answered.

She told my neighbor she was fired....LOL.  My neighbor just laughed.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:53 AM
Ok...
hautemama83
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:54 AM
OK. I wouldn't like that situation either. I mean, it's no big loss for your neighbor. But if I have someone watching my children, I expect them to be watched. She should have locked the door.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
She will be sorry when she's paying $200 a week for care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting hautemama83: OK. I wouldn't like that situation either. I mean, it's no big loss for your neighbor. But if I have someone watching my children, I expect them to be watched. She should have locked the door.

The door was locked.  The kid looked and saw that it was his mom.  At 8 and 10 someone should be able to take a quick shower if they have puke on them. 

She also did text the mom and let her know the issue.  ALSO...the mom was leaving the boys home alone before my neighbor started to watch them....but the younger one refused to listen to anything the older one said...and nearly set the house on fire cooking mac and cheese.

Emycf
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Well, she should actually be mad at her kid for not following directions. That's a parenting issue, though, so she only has herself to blame.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM

The kid is 10.  He could have unlocked it.

Quoting hautemama83: OK. I wouldn't like that situation either. I mean, it's no big loss for your neighbor. But if I have someone watching my children, I expect them to be watched. She should have locked the door.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The kid is 10.  He could have unlocked it.

The door was locked.  She always locks the front door because they use the garage.  The only time she unlocks it is to let the mom in and then relocks it.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM

So mom is pissed at the neighbor because her children won't listen. Seems legit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I think the Mom ruined a good thing for herself & her kids.  Your friend shouldn't take them back when the Mom shows up at her door asking her to watch the kids again. 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:01 PM

I would be more mad at the kid. They are plenty old enough to know better. She got puked on and wanted to wash off real quick. Not a big deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)