Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"No body else does it..."

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I've posted before about how we had to move in with MIL and SIL to help them out after FIL died. SIL is 18 and has a 3 year old... She works at a nursing home cleaning the rooms...

MIL collects dissability and is well as much as I would hate to admit it, dying. 

DH and I now pay most of the mortgage, all of the water, gas, and electric bills etc. 

DH and I ran around town all day yesterday doing tons of errands he works nights and it was his night off so we try to do things at once.... Afterwards we took our two kids to the library they LOVE it there. Simply, can't get enough. 

Time flew and soon before I knew it, it was 1 and we had two hungry kids we let them check out the books they wanted and then called in pizza before leaving and went and picked it up. 

BIL was over visiting MIL which he does everyday before work... We offered him, his friend who works with him, and MIL pizza they were home. There was no pizza left after everyone ate...

SIL came home and got all hefty and pissy because she didn't get any pizza. Now food except for dinner is BUY YOUR OWN. Everybody shops for their own Breakfast and Lunch. SIL gets mad whenever DH and I bring our kids somewhere, or go out to eat.... Or when we go on date nights.... WE have the money to do this. We don't rub it in her face or even gloat about it.

Some dinner nights it's whatever you have because our work schedules are just all over the place... MIL told SIL to buy something for her and her son to eat then she got all mean and made a comment about how "Nobody else shares their food why should I!"

You don't have to share your food. We DID share our food you weren't home! If you were you would have been offered pizza as well. 

Then she gets all mad and was all crying and was like "I don't get to go out like OTHER people"

Well considering DH advanced his career before we had kids we do live better off.

One day she will learn I hope. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:01 PM
She's a child with a child and in a messed up situation. Maybe try talking to her and go out with her for coffee or somethin once in a while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Sounds like SIL was having a pity party.  We're all allowed to have one occasionally.  Ignore and just continue to go on with your lives :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:14 PM
It'd be okay if she didn't have a pity party everyday.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Sounds like SIL was having a pity party.  We're all allowed to have one occasionally.  Ignore and just continue to go on with your lives :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:17 PM
She is not a child. She is an adult, with a kid. Who needs to grow up and realize that whete she's at is because of her and her ex boyfriends actions. I take her places, I pay for her to get her hair cut sometimes, I buy her things she needs when she can't. Hell I pay for her sons medication because it's to much for her. She is only expected to pay for breakfast lunch her sons needs and her personal products. That's it she doesn't drive, she doesn't pay a cell phone bill... Even MIL does things for her.

Quoting Anonymous 2: She's a child with a child and in a messed up situation. Maybe try talking to her and go out with her for coffee or somethin once in a while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Tell her she's a grown up now and needs to act like it. She made her bed and now must sleep in it.

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:31 PM

ugh she sounds like she is still being treated like a kid. maybe its time to cut her off all help that. let her appreciate the help she has instead of complaining about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)